Rangefinder adjustment IIf

Advertisement (gone after registration)

looking for some technical advice..

my IIf VERTICAL adjustment is a bit off resulting in a fuzzy focussed image when in focus.

does anyone have a step by step procedure to follow?

I have the necessary small tools I think.

thanks for any advice

andy

JC

Your questions have, I think answered my question...both LTM cameras are the same...i.e fuzzy images when focussed.

I put on my reading glasses and both focus well!!!

does this mean I need to always use the cameras with my reading glasses for focussing?

or is there some accessory I can use'?

sorry for the stupid question

best

andy

JC

Your questions have, I think answered my question...both LTM cameras are the same...i.e fuzzy images when focussed.

I put on my reading glasses and both focus well!!!

does this mean I need to always use the cameras with my reading glasses for focussing?

or is there some accessory I can use'?

sorry for the stupid question

best

andy

I think no question is stupid,

if using the little lever do not correct the focusing for your eyes better to use your glasses

They were some diopties correction lenses to clamp over the range finder view finder black plastic but there are not so easy to find and also to find one with the right lenses for your view...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by jc_braconi

Hi there,

no matter what kind of glasses you wear you always have to use the built in rangefinder adjustment.If

the view through the rangefinder isn´t sharp you will always be in trouble if you don´t adjust it to your

eyes.

If your reading glasses aren´t too

strong you´re fine but if you just need reading glasses and none for the distance you should try to set

the rangefinder without glasses.

If the rangefinder needs adjustment you need to do the following:

Vertical alignment: worm screw behind the screw next to the viewfinder is for setting infinity, you need a

trusty lens, set it to infinity and watch vertical lines.Turn the screw until the lines meet exactly at infinity.

Horizontal alignment:remove the chrome ring from the left small lens(looking from the frontside).A rubber

tool or a flexiclamp is best for that, no pliers! You´ll see a small lens with a small ring around it, the ring

has two small slots for a small spanner tool. This lens is an optical wedge and by turning the lens you

can adjust the misalignment of horizontal lines.Be careful, very small turns only,and check vertical after-

wards again.That´s it, not so difficult as on an M body.

Good luck, would have been easier in German

Jo

• Like 1

Gents....

I can't be more embarrassed than at this moment ....the Lever you speak off corrected everything.

I did not know what its function was until today...so have been using the cameras for years with the lever in a 'lucky' position....

I adjusted it today and both cameras are sharp and clear when focussing.

I bow my head in shame.

thanks so much for saving my time and probably money.

best regards

andy

Andy, there is a complete users manual online that describes how to set up the range finder, as fellas how to use the camera.

When I am back at my computer I will post a link. However, it seems you have it sorted now.