Lindos, Rhodes island, Greece

Dank für das Schauen. Die Farbe ist absichtlich - ich benutzte einen cokin Filter, da der Himmel zu normal war. (Babel translation! :) )

oh the good old "make every picture to trash filter" from cokin.....

never bought it, have some cokin filters, expensive shit, in the new times of plug-ins for ps and other..... WIRD ALLES GUT, WENN !!!! MAN sich Mühe gibt!

VG, Arné

Seems to depend somewhat on the monitor used for viewing. Yesterday evening at home I didn't find the magenta cast obtrusive at all, to the contrary I felt this could have been the light as it really was (lived in Greece for some 5 years and I DO remember light situations like this one, some even much more pronounced), but now in the office it looks different, not so natural anymore. I like it anyway, brings up good memories!

Cheers,

Andreas

Edit: Arne, your last modification looks good, too, but I doubt that's how the light was, as the shot seems to have been taken in the late afternoon, where light is usually more reddish.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Andreas,

You are correct, the photo was taken late evening, but before 'sunset' and the sky was, as I recall, a pale reddish/blue. I decided to use the filters to make the colour more pronounced but wasn't in fact changing it dramatically. Personally I was happy with the result which captured more of the 'feel' of the time.

The version above with the blue sky looks very 'picture postcard' but it isn't representative of the actual scene or time of day.

Thanks for everyones input however.

Regards

Babel translation again, sorry!

Andreas, Sie sind korrekt, wurde das Foto späten Abend gedauert, aber vor ' Sonnenuntergang ' und dem Himmel, wie ich zurückrufe, war ein Lattenreddish/blue. Ich entschied, die Filter zu benutzen, um die ausgesprochene Farbe zu bilden aber nicht tatsächlich änderte sie drastisch. Persönlich ich war mit dem Resultat glücklich, das mehr des ' Gefühls ' der Zeit gefangennahm. Die Version oben mit dem blauen Himmel schaut sehr ' Abbildung Postkarte ', aber sie ist nicht von der tatsächlichen Szene oder von der Zeit repräsentativ. Dank für die everyones jedoch eingegeben. Respekt