Train Station

BlackDE

Bernhard -

Welcome to the Forum, and basically this is a lovely photo, but I think it would be stronger with blacker blacks. I tried adjusting it, increasing both the shadow and highlight sliders and got this:

Bernhard,

Very nice night shot! Partly it was your super black photo border that made the photo's blacks look somewhat weaker. Stuart's suggestion is a good one.

I love viewing night photography, and there's not enough of it here, IMO. Keep posting.

Larry

P.S. Wild guess: Is this a photo of Boston?

Bernhard -

Welcome to the Forum, and basically this is a lovely photo, but I think it would be stronger with blacker blacks. I tried adjusting it, increasing both the shadow and highlight sliders and got this:

Well done and thx. Now I know what disturbed me from the beginning: the back wasn't black enough.

Regards,

Bernhard

Bernhard,

Very nice night shot! Partly it was your super black photo border that made the photo's blacks look somewhat weaker. Stuart's suggestion is a good one.

I love viewing night photography, and there's not enough of it here, IMO. Keep posting.

Larry

P.S. Wild guess: Is this a photo of Boston?

Thank you, Larry. No, not quite. ;) This is Frankfurt, Germany, main station.

Bernhard