Uk spring seaside challenge 2011

stunsworth

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In another thread here, I mentioned the possibility of people who are coming to Brighton bringing a few prints to show other participants. What do people think? I think it might be nice to see some images better than jpegs.

Less than sixty quid?

You know how to treat a girl right on her anniversary :D

Try B&Bs outside of Brighton, along the coast. Maybe Hove, or Shoreham or east towards Newhaven. The further from Brighton you go, the cheaper they will be.

I stayed in Hastings a few weeks ago, in a Premier Inn. Grim, but cheap at around £65, IIRC.

Anyone having trouble finding accomodation for 16th

Pete, I had the same problem. In the end I booked a hotel along the coast in Worthing - about 20 mins from Brighton by Train.

Most of the hotels I found in Brighton using Expedia or Laterooms seemed to be £120+ - and car parking seemed to be an extra £25 or so on top of that.

Blackpool would have been a far cheaper choice <grin>.

In another thread here, I mentioned the possibility of people who are coming to Brighton bringing a few prints to show other participants. What do people think? I think it might be nice to see some images better than jpegs.

+1

At a previous London meeting I suggested the same but only a couple of us turned up with prints so it was a bit pointless. Let's all make an effort, should be fun passing the prints around over a beer or two!

• Like 1

Pete, I had the same problem. In the end I booked a hotel along the coast in Worthing - about 20 mins from Brighton by Train.

Most of the hotels I found in Brighton using Expedia or Laterooms seemed to be £120+ - and car parking seemed to be an extra £25 or so on top of that.

Blackpool would have been a far cheaper choice <grin>.

The other place nearby that you may find a B&B or a hotel, a bit nicer than Worthing (sorry Worthing), is Lewes. There are also Hassocks/Hurstpierpoint and Falmer. All of them are about 5 or 10 minutes away from Brighton by train. Quite a few hotels and B&B's in Rottingdean - bus ride to central Brighton about 10 to 15 minutes.

Wilson

If anyone fancies pushing the boat out a little I can highly recommend Arundel House just along the way in Arundel.

If anyone fancies being treated like a human being I can thoroughly condemn the Hilton on the seafront. I spent a month there one week on business.

Regards,

Bill

• 4 weeks later...