Uk spring seaside challenge 2011

stunsworth

I suppose I'd better pop along too.

I was going to add a reminder in the sticky thread, but it seems this will perform the same function.

To anyone who was considering coming, all are welcome. The rules and meeting place are shown in the sticky at the top of this sub-forum.

Do you know how I can get to our place? what will we do in there?

Hi, it is indeed the 16th - next Saturday. You can find the full details in the PDF in the first message in this thread...

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/forum-member-meetings/169295-seaside-challenge-2011-meeting-details.html

As for what we do, if previous meetings are anything to go by, we meet, have something to eat, have a few beers, go out to take our snaps, met up again, have a few beers.

The beers are optional by the way.

I also expect to have a Leica gift for everyone who turns up - subject to numbers of course.

• Like 1

If anyone else is driving to Brighton just for the day, you might be interested in the Park and Ride facility which is at the Withdean Recreation Ground, Withdean. It will be cheaper and less hassle than parking in town.....sorry about that Andy!! Current charges are free parking and 40p return fare, although those of us eligible for a bus pass can use it for the 'ride' bit!

Post code for the "Satnavvers" is BN1 5JD. Buses run every 15 minutes and stop at various places around the town including The Laines, which is within easy walking distance to our meeting point.

Park and Ride link is: Park & ride - Withdean - Brighton & Hove City Council

Oh, yes and I am putting in a bid if I am not too old by then, for a future seaside challenge in Bournemouth! We could all bring our buckets and spades to that one! They might even have the surfing reef working by then.:)

Edited by dhsimmonds

Hi

If any one is going to arrive early we/one could have a premeet up at Brighton railway station, they must have a coffee shop, OD on caffine, camera shake rest of day...

I've had real bad experience of rail problems, catching a later train that is then cancelled is character forming...

Noel

Hi

If any one is going to arrive early we/one could have a premeet up at Brighton railway station, they must have a coffee shop, OD on caffine, camera shake rest of day...

I've had real bad experience of rail problems, catching a later train that is then cancelled is character forming...

Noel

How about meeting at Divall's Cafe for 10.30 for a cuppa and a leisurely stroll down to the Pier and meeting venue? Divall's is across the road to the right of the front entrance to Brighton Station. (I don't know the venue personally but it's convenient.)

Pete.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by farnz