Konica M Hexanon 90mm on M8

dorman

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Has anyone used the Konica M Hexanon 90mm f2.8 on an M8?

I am thinking of changing my M7 for an M8 and don't know whether to keep the 90mm.

I've used it on the M7 without any focus issues, and I'd be interested to hear your experiences.

Edited by dorman
Added information

Efra,

Thanks for sharing that. Nice juxtaposition of textures and colors and the subtlety of the cream hat against the white snow makes a nice case for that Hexanon lens! Good shadow detail and OFA too. Not surprising coming from the makers of the Hexar!

David

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have a 90mm M-Hexanon (as well as 50mm f/2 M-Hexanon and a pair of Leica ASPH lenses), and the M-Hexanon's are absolutely spot-on with the new M8.2. No focus problems at all. Ironically, the only focus issue I have comes from a 35mm f/2 ASPH Summicron.

I'd have to add that the 90mm is incredibly sharp - easily the sharpest lens I have. I didn't fully realize this until examining wide-open, close-up raw photos on the M8.2.

-David

Had the 50 mm and still have the 90 mm. Both backfocused on the M8. Am still undecided whether or not to have have the 90 mm adjusted and keep it. Build quality and performance wise it is an excellent lens, and weight and size make it a good choice for traveling.

Efra,

Thanks for sharing that. Nice juxtaposition of textures and colors and the subtlety of the cream hat against the white snow makes a nice case for that Hexanon lens! Good shadow detail and OFA too. Not surprising coming from the makers of the Hexar!

David

Thanks DwF, I really love this lens, last Sunday I was testing differents 90mm Leica Lens, and no one make me happy.. ;)