Zeiss 28mm f/2.8 very sharp!!!

meng8123

Perhaps it comes from me or my monitor but this picture looks rather soft to me. Could you show a 100% crop?

I've looked at it on two monitors: it's very soft on one and better - but still not crisp - on the other. But one can't hope to judge lens performance from a small jpeg, hand-held at 1/30 second, of a subject whose depth is vastly greater than the DOF.

I would have no doubt that the lens is indeed very sharp, but it is a shame that you did not have much of an opportunity to show us what it is capable of. I'm sure we'd all like to see a shot taken in good light, where focusing would not be such an issue. Do you know if you will have such an opportunity in the near future?

Ian

sorry about the picture I post, I had to downgrade that photo to 960pix because the forum and the quality of the picture to 60% so the file size is small enough for me to post. I am trying to get 100% crop of that photo but still too big to post here, anyone have other suggestions to do this?

I try to output the file again in 100% crop, but the PS converted file just look not as sharp as C1, don't really get it.

I didn't get the lens in the end, because I didn't like the feel of the focus ring on that lens. It was too loose, maybe it was because it's a demo the new one may not feel that way.

sorry about the picture I post, I had to downgrade that photo to 960pix because the forum and the quality of the picture to 60% so the file size is small enough for me to post. I am trying to get 100% crop of that photo but still too big to post here, anyone have other suggestions to do this?

Yes- post on any server that accepts larger pics, like Photobucket and link through to here.