R-E and 35mm Summicron - fair price?

bill

Advertisement (gone after registration)

There's an R-E and a 35mm Summicron in a shop window not far from me. It looks to be in decent condition (although I have not been in for a fiddle). It will come with 6 months warranty. I have bought many things from this shop in the past, and trust them.

What would you regard as a fair price? I'm deliberately not saying what it is listed at - I'd like unbiased opinions.

Regards,

Bill

Bill, without checking dealer prices I'd say a good price (from your perspective) would be £150 - 250 for the body and £3-500 for the lens depending which version it is, and condition of both. So how much are they asking?

I could have bought an RE body at the London camera fair for £100 but that was offered at the end of the day and without g'tee. I just didn't have any need for it.

Bill

I saw this combination in a dealer's window some time ago (~1 year) at £250 but it sold very fast (I was tempted) and was underpriced. I think that dealers are still keeping R cameras at reasonably high prices and I'd suggest they would ask around an asking price of £250ish for an RE body alone. 35 Summicrons seem to vary a lot from what I've seen, £200 ~ 500 and more depending on age and condition. If I was looking to buy this combination I'd realistically expect to pay £3~450 but that's just my opinion.