should i sell my Nocti??

usccharles

Advertisement (gone after registration)

my local dealer has been nagging me to sell my Nocti. its pretty much mint, bought new before coding, but i sent it in to get coded. guy says he will pay me what i paid retail plus the coding fees. (i bought it a while back when it was still in the $4K area).

should i sell it and buy my self a MP or M7? (sold my M6 for the M8 and i've been dying for another film RF again) or should i not sell it? I love my Nocti but i only use it very rarely, and it seems like such a sweet idea to pick up a film RF again. but with the prices going up so much these days and rumors that the Nocti will be no longer be made, I probably will never have a chance to get my hands on a Nocti if i sell now. decisions decisions...

and i don't even know what my Nocti is even worth? anybody have an idea? its 98% mint condition.

please help

;)

I know this is a very unfashionable standpoint these days, but I'm almost considering giving every other lens up and ONLY keeping the Noctilux.

I know the world really doesn't need any more soft focus images of cherry blossom, but I simply love the look the lens gives when used in almost any context (see this month's LFI for instance), and I think you'll regret selling it.

My only worry is what will happen if I ever drop it or have it stolen... :(

my local dealer has been nagging me to sell my Nocti. its pretty much mint, bought new before coding, but i sent it in to get coded. guy says he will pay me what i paid retail plus the coding fees. (i bought it a while back when it was still in the $4K area).

should i sell it and buy my self a MP or M7? (sold my M6 for the M8 and i've been dying for another film RF again) or should i not sell it? I love my Nocti but i only use it very rarely, and it seems like such a sweet idea to pick up a film RF again. but with the prices going up so much these days and rumors that the Nocti will be no longer be made, I probably will never have a chance to get my hands on a Nocti if i sell now. decisions decisions...

and i don't even know what my Nocti is even worth? anybody have an idea? its 98% mint condition.

please help

;)

Trust me... no more than 250 US$... I'll send you quickly the money, if you like...:D :D , so your troubles end...

Don't listen to Luigi - I have a much better deal - I've been wondering whether to sell my M6 as the M7 never gets used these days. I'll swap you instead! :)

You get a film RF and I get a backup Nocti.

Sum: increased world happiness!

Now what's not to like? :cool:

Advertisement (gone after registration)

arggg... the drift here seems to be, sell the nocti and be prepare to regret it.

and i also just realized if i sold the nocti to buy a MP/M7, then i won't have the nocti to shoot full-frame pictures with (the crop factor on the M8 being one of the reasons i don't use it as much these days)...

duh! what am i thinking!?

please help

;)

Keep it and get a user M3 for film.

Keep it by all means!

There are many, many new and used film Ms on the market but only very, very few Noctis in good condition. Don't sell a hard to find unique lens to fund the purchase of a camera you can get anywhere anytime.

Just my opinion, of course...

Both you and plasticman said the same thing - you love the lens. Not everybody does. Don't sell it because you will regret it. The price of the lens will only increase as time goes by whether Leica makes a new version or not and I think you're correct in saying that selling now means dealing with a truly stratospheric price in the future. Take Jaap's advice, get yourself a user M3 but also save the pennies. It's the glass that's important, not the body, but those pennies could add up one day to a nice 0.85x MP... :)

I can only say: I have sold quite a number of Leica lenses over the years. Only once have I not regretted it afterwards (though often not so much that I bought another). And if remorse comes for a virtually irreplacable lens...

Alright alright! you guys are twisting my arm!! i'll keep it i'll keep it!! ;)

now i need to save some cash to buy a film m body to use on my nocti!! can't wait~ dang i really want a MP. after using the M6 for a while before i sold it, and looking through an MP viewfinder... wow... so bright... made me go ga ga..

thanks for the tip everyone~ :)

Our work here is done! :D
Yes indeed LOL! I have one of these things, an E58 and it is just a wonderful lens and selling it would depress me no end. After I bought it I sent it to Don Goldberg for a CLA and to be matched with my 0.85x body at f1.0. It is like new and I love using it and even more the look it gives, so I know what plasticman is talking about above.
My only worry is what will happen if I ever drop it or have it stolen... :(
Insure it! :eek: