Keh?

jaapv

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I just bought stuff from Adorama and B&H and used my Turkish Visa. I just had to e-mail them the pictures of my credit card both sides. My friend in States received the goods and going to bring those to me. Turkish customs allows $130 worth of goods to pass freely but not above that price limit including shipping. I know that sucks big time. Still people who dont know this custom law, order stuff way more than $130 and stuck with Turkish customs and eventually goods end up resent back to the seller. There is 1st class people even in 3rd world countries. Actually there is always 10% dirty rich in every country if thats all needed.

Oh and i saw somewhere on KEH web page that Turkey is one of the NO NO countries for them. So i don't even look at their website anymore.

Best

Mehmet

Jaapv I live in Atlanta and don't buy from KEH. I tried to once but they said they don't have any way I could LOOK AT the lens I wanted to buy. They did say they had local pickup but I had to BUY (PAY FOR) the item first and if I didn't like it I could return it, BY SHIPPING it back to them (I live 5 MILES from them and work even closer).

There business model need some revamping for local sales and from your experience for sales done on the internet.

I just bought stuff from Adorama and B&H and used my Turkish Visa. I just had to e-mail them the pictures of my credit card both sides. My friend in States received the goods and going to bring those to me. Turkish customs allows $130 worth of goods to pass freely but not above that price limit including shipping. I know that sucks big time. Still people who dont know this custom law, order stuff way more than $130 and stuck with Turkish customs and eventually goods end up resent back to the seller. There is 1st class people even in 3rd world countries. Actually there is always 10% dirty rich in every country if thats all needed.

Oh and i saw somewhere on KEH web page that Turkey is one of the NO NO countries for them. So i don't even look at their website anymore.

Best

Mehmet

Read carefully what B&H really asks from international costumers using a foreign credit card for the first time. It is much more than just a copy of the credit card these days, but usually they do not insist. This issue really ticks me off, but I will behave and stop writing.

Well, right, I can sympathize with that to a certain extent, but it is not like I'm asking them to send it to Nigeria. When contacted they could have asked for a reference, I do know a few of their regular customers that would have been a character witness for me.

If I have a valid credit card in my hands, and somebody would ask me for a character witness to buy things, the shop would probably be out of business in short time. Same reason why they only treat foreign card holders like that.

Well, right, I can sympathize with that to a certain extent, but it is not like I'm asking them to send it to Nigeria. When contacted they could have asked for a reference, I do know a few of their regular customers that would have been a character witness for me.

AFAIK it's the US that have a problem with customers overdrawing their credit card accounts (several) to an amount that they file bancruptsy. No offense to the fellow colleagues here, but i don't see a reason why the bank of a good calvinistic Dutch shouldn't get credit?

:D

If I have a valid credit card in my hands, and somebody would ask me for a character witness to buy things, the shop would probably be out of business in short time. Same reason why they only treat foreign card holders like that.

The strange thing is that it suggests they never got burned by an American customer.

LCT asked about customer protection. This post by Wilson Laidlaw is a good example. If a company fears this kind of thing. it does raise doubt in the mind of the customer about the gear they are selling....

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/leica-m8-forum/48137-ebay-hijacker-large-beware.html#post508466

Advertisement (gone after registration)

KEH is a fine Organization. The owner is a family friend and grew up with my oldest sister. As well, I usually see him at breakfast at the Piedmont Driving Club on Saturday mornings while my children take Tennis Lessons.

Get one of there representatives on the phone and I am certain you will work things out.

Another alternative might be Quality Camera in Atlanta. Jeff Wheeler is a pleasure to work with.

KEH is a fine Organization. The owner is a family friend and grew up with my oldest sister. As well, I usually see him at breakfast at the Piedmont Driving Club on Saturday mornings while my children take Tennis Lessons.

Get one of there representatives on the phone and I am certain you will work things out.

Another alternative might be Quality Camera in Atlanta. Jeff Wheeler is a pleasure to work with.

Richard .....Isn the owner Grant...... I spoke with him when I moved to Atlanta. KEH has a good business model in that they adhere to their policies . Now they may lose a few sales because they elect to not be as flexible as others ...but they are in business for over 20 years. The only issues we ever had with KEH was when you SELL them something. They grade very hard and aren t flexible ..if you buy something and try to resell the exact item back to them you would lose 40-50% . If you can find Grant email ...we should give him a chance to respond and perhaps clear this one up. Roger