A Snowy Leica day

PJRiley

Vast areas of eastern Canada and the US got hit with a major snowstorm yesterday...let's see some shots of how badly your area was hit! I figure it will take me 3 days to get to my local photofinishing shop!

Mary

I didn't make any pictures - I spent most of today clearing about 50 cm (20inches) of snow from TWO houses - one in Montreal, the other north of the city in x-country ski country. This winter has been mind boggling and may set a record. The snow piles are too high for my snowblower and certainly for me and my shovel. I am close to dead.

I think my dog sympathizes.

In Aspen, we have broke records. Thankfully in a ski town, we are not so quick to want to clear snow as it is welcome here and we can respect and work around nature. It is pretty common place to walk down a sidewalk with it piled up to our shoulders.

At one point, the piles of snow that the snowplows cleared from the street reached nearly three stories high. Just the other day, my girlfriend and I were having coffee in our living room when a young kid came up to our window and waved. We are on the second and third floors, the kid simply walked up the snow pile that accumulated below and strolled right on to our roof!

This winter has been incredible and I have spent a lot of it shooting black and white fine art images in my 500 C/M.

And the skiing.....? Off the charts good every single day!

Vast areas of eastern Canada and the US got hit with a major snowstorm yesterday...let's see some shots of how badly your area was hit! I figure it will take me 3 days to get to my local photofinishing shop!

Mary

Here are some pics from the middle of the night - not cropped, not adjusted, just as they came from the camera. One is a self portrait 8-)

Missed all the lightning bolts that were flashing around, and they all missed me. Whew.

Yeah, the snow what we had is not like the snow in Colorado, or other places; still, this storm basically hit all along the east coast of North America - pretty large. We are heading for a record snowfall this year; getting close to 4 meters.

JohnS

Ottawa.