London Leica Users

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Firstly greetings and salutations.

Secondly, I saw an old thread about a London Leica users' meeting. Any plans for another one?

Thirdly, I am interested in joining the Camera Club in Kennington. Anyone here a member/ex-member; have any positive/negative experiences?

And finally, if any of you know any other good clubs in London, or courses where you can use your Leica (Especially as I now have the M8 as well a various film cameras) please let me know

Thanks for reading

Nick

Nick De Marco's Photo Galleries at pbase.com

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Louis and I were (are? Louis, are you listening?) intending to hold another get together sometime in June/early July in the East End somewhere. Keep your eye on the Meetings Forum.

Of course, always glad to have someone else do the dirty work!

Sorry - had not noticed there was a meetings forum until now.

I think the March dates are a bit too early. May would be god though. In previous years they have had festivals at Brick Lane on=in may I am not sure if they are doing so this year but I will try to find out. can I ask if last time you guys met in London it was during the weekend and if weekend dates are generally preferred (I assume they are)?

Also, nobody has yet replied about the Camera Club, is there really nobody here who knows about it?

Louis and I were (are? Louis, are you listening?) intending to hold another get together sometime in June/early July in the East End somewhere. Keep your eye on the Meetings Forum.

Of course, always glad to have someone else do the dirty work!

Brian

Definitely listening - just agree a date. I'd recommend starting at the Blind Beggar on Whitechapel High Street and then walking back towards the City for a possible tour up and down Brick Lane. The possibilities are endless around that area, that's the only problem, imho.

Louis

Excellent - all armed with our papers to prove we are not terrorists of course! ;)

I"m thinking of a Saturday in late June/early July, but we could always hold it a month earlier around but not on the late May bank holiday?

I'll be very happy to join your gathering in May (or whenever it takes place) if I'm able to.

I do not know much about the Camera Club in Kennington, except that Amateur Photographer magazine has used it (If I recall correctly) for one or more exhibitions in the recent past. I have only heard positive things about it.

Rgds, John

One thing is certain - we can't please all of the people any of the time!

The Spring Bank Holiday is Monday 26th - so we had better steer clear of that. The 31st might be possible if the majority want a May date, although I suppose that the 17th would also be feasible. Otherwise (and speaking personally) I would suggest 14 June.

Ideally a poll would be good but maybe the best thing is for potential attendees to indicate which of those 3 dates they favour and I'll keep a tally.