let's see your R

martin

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I like  the  R7  ,  I find it  good  to  put on   programme   and  off  you  go . 

When  ever  I fit on a   motor drive  I  appear  to  encounter   problems with  the  motor  not  fully  talking  to the  camera  or  similar.  I have  two  motors  and  have  tried  them  on  my  R6  and  R7  .  Sometime  I  can get  them  to work .  The  above  set  up with the  grip  and  strap  is  very  comfortable  to use. 

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like  the  R7  ,  I find it  good  to  put on   programme   and  off  you  go . 

When  ever  I fit on a   motor drive  I  appear  to  encounter   problems with  the  motor  not  fully  talking  to the  camera  or  similar.  I have  two  motors  and  have  tried  them  on  my  R6  and  R7  .  Sometime  I  can get  them  to work .  The  above  set  up with the  grip  and  strap  is  very  comfortable  to use. 

Have you tried cleaning the battery terminals with switch cleaner e.g. SERVISOL.

dunk 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Here is my Leica R9 with 35-70 French Angenieux lens and a Luigi Leica case - sweet!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by adelie
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice. I also bought an R7 about 18 months ago to use with a 28-90 Vario-Elmarit-R and 80-200 Vario-Elmar-M which I bought for use with my digital-M cameras & EVF.  Seemed a bit stupid having these lovely film lenses and no film camera with which to use them.  I then recently bought a 2.0/50 Summicron-R II to finish off the set.  

I'm very happy with the R7. It seems to get bypassed here in favour of earlier Rs or the R8/9.  Although better cameras, I decided against the R8/9 based on size, and that the R7 was so cheap that I'd be happy dumping it for a replacement should it break down. 

I had the option of buying a very nice R6.2 which, although a beautiful mechanical camera that will probably outlive the R7, is just less versatile for me by not having an aperture priority exposure setting (I tend not to use the other Auto/Prog settings on the R7). I considered both but I don't use it enough to justify a second R body.

Thanks, Mark.  I've recently replaced the R4 drive with a plain R model so I can use the upper shutter release button on the grip, and I had to send the 28mm to Leica NJ for repair.  Getting an R6.2 is in the plans, but will be far down the road.

PF

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I love my R7...

... because nobody rules like the King of Barrel Distortion, Vario Elmar the First :D

[ M9; Apo 90 ASPH ]

• Like 5

Leicaflex SL2s

• Like 8

Leicaflexes...

• Like 3

SL MOT

• Like 10

As a newbie to the R-world, how can I resist adding my recent acquisitions to this thread!

• Like 5

R8

• Like 7

1972 vintage Leitz R Telyt-S 800/6.3 used in an observation hide yesterday with Leica TL2 … very limited edition lens; only 109 manufactured and most bought for surveillance purposes … but also used at 1972 Munich Olympics. 

Yesterday was used with Leitz 1.4x and 2x APO extenders (including 1.4x and 2x in tandem … i.e. 2.8x extender)  … with TL2 1.5x crop factor, resultant focal lengths: 1200mm, 1680mm, 2400mm and 3360mm. 

Lens was used with the 3360mm option but the image was a little wobbly … so used self timer and high ISO up to ISO 6400. Images not yet processed but will post on the forum if they are usable. 

Best wishes

dunk 

Edited by dkCambridgeshire
  • Like 10

That is some lens!!

Is the optical cell like the other Telyts with the cemented doublet at the end of the barrel??

Similar …  it's a triplet achromat i.e. three lens elements in one cemented group at the front of the tube … but very special glass mix … and a long lens hood. I pushed it too far yesterday by attempting to use stacked extenders i.e. 1.4x and 2x APO extenders … not a good idea on a windy day but was trying to take photos of cormorants at 140 meters distance. 

dunk 

• Like 1

My new 1966 Leicaflex Standard Mk2 with 50mm f/2 'Cron.

• Like 5

At one time I had a couple of the original Leicaflex.  The quality of craftsmanship was very high, and they were very smooth in operation.  The smoothest advance lever of any Leica I've owned (M or R).  A bright viewfinder and a sensitive meter for standard type lenses (35mm-90mm).  But in the field I much preferred the Leicaflex SL.  I ended up selling them on that auction site.

Edited by TheBestSLIsALeicaflex

Putting one new arrival to use to photograph another  (the 90mm Elmarit-R II)  :)  M240, 60mm Macro Elmarit-R.

• Like 5