28th Dec - Christmas Revival, North West UK

Rolo

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Following on from the Christmas Party in Manchester, we have confirmation of attendance from four Leica users for a meet at New Brighton on 28th December.

Not only is there Perch Fort & lighthouse, the high class shops and the beach/prom, there is the opportunity for a trip back along the estuary to take in the delights of Birkenhead and the ferry terminals.

Whatever is missed can be visited in February.

Proposal is to meet at the Perch Rock car park, New Brighton sea front, at 9:30 am for 10:30 walkout.

Perhaps Lord Barton can identify a suitable cafe to take refuge prior to the start in the unlikely event the weather is unkind.

Please register your interest. Andy.....we need a counter. :p

Rolo

Café...?

I'd bring your own flask. New Brighton isn't exactly Miami Beach :). I shall try to make it.

The tide will be coming in at 10:30. It's a better spot when the tide is out.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

© Tidal predictions for Liverpool

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'd love to join you, but I'll be in sunny Poland on the 28th.

There are some cafes and a decent chippie on the 'front' so you could always get a bag of chips and eat them in one of the shelters sipping tepid tea from a flask.

Have a great time.

Hi Steve

When you are in Poland try the local Bison brand Vodca ,The locals use a half pint tumbler about a third full with vodca and top up with apple juice./fantastic drink.Have a good Christmas and nice to meet last Sunday.

Brian

Hi Steve

When you are in Poland try the local Bison brand Vodca ,The locals use a half pint tumbler about a third full with vodca and top up with apple juice./fantastic drink.Have a good Christmas and nice to meet last Sunday.

Brian

Or when in New Brighton get blotto like a local – try a 'Cheeky Vimto' – Pint of WKD Blue and Port.

As the promoter of this event I will attend if there is any support left for it.

It seems to me that Andy, Pete, Falstaff & myself were the only ones interested.

The light is horrible here today and I suggest we do call it off if there's no one looking forward to it.

I need to contact Falstaff as he only accesses the Forum from the office.

Andy, Pete, please confirm you're OK for it to be cancelled.

Anybody else that has planned to attend, please step forward and change history.

Rolo

Whatever is missed can be visited in February.

Rolo

February will be too late; the demolition will be finished by then................. :eek:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!