I had a photo I took with an M8 printed 24x30 and it looks awesome

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I no longer have the M8 but I was thinking about an m240 or m10 and was worried about print size. So I figured I would have an old M8 photo that is 10mp printed to see. Man is it nice. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 5

I've printed photos from my old Canon D30 (the original 3mpx camera) up to 12x18 without issue. I have also had photos from my M9 printed to 48 inches on the long side, again, without any issues. Properly exposed photos shot with quality glass in DNG format are easily scalable to 4x native resolution, ie, 2x the length and 2x the height, and in many cases much more than that. A 24mpx M240 or M10 will be ample for most people and will certainly exceed standard 35mm color film.

I had a 29x38" print made from one of my Barnacks which I had handing prominently on my wall until my grandson begged to have it for his new apartment. I still have a similar sized one shot from my Nikon D300 which another family member has been asking for. I learned early on that while size is one factor it is only one...viewing distance, contrast and proper focusing and sharpening (where necessary) are other important considerations in my mind. I was encouraged to make these prints after visiting an exhibit of Vivian Meier's photos...several 35mm shots were printed near these sizes by master printers for the exhibition. I just love it when one gets it right and viewers are in awe!

• Like 2