Do Digilux 2 photos have distinctive look?

Guest Bernd Banken

Advertisement (gone after registration)

and now the 100% crop. Last year, April 1. It seems that one child at the beach was washed into the Atlantic one hour later :-((

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Guest Bernd Banken

yes Brian,

it's on the wonderful french island Noirmoutier/Atlanticnear Nantes.

The white salt is called "Fleur de Sel". Together with the famous potatoe "Bonnotte" and the small plant "Salicorne" a pioneer plant for salty soil these things are delivered by the island itself. The rest is from the sea...

Bernd

Pete,

Have we been visiting the same places with our D2s? Here is an image I posted to the old forum. The cathedral in Rouen -- the same one made famous by Monet with multiple paintings of the facade. I had the little Leica mini-pod attached, and rested it on the railing.

Check out my smugmug gallery (link below) for the rapeseed landscapes, which I took on my first outing with the D2. These images sold me on the D2. The 28-90mm (35 equivalent) zoom range is very useful and is the only fixed-lens Leica digital I know of with 28mm on the wide end; the others seem to start with 35mm. Someone correct me on this, if I'm wrong.

• Like 3

Hi all, I am new to Leica, having been an Olympus fan for years.

I wanted a lighter quality camera to supplement my E20, which I adore.

I bought second hand Digilux 2 about 2 months ago. Yes the images do have a certain quality that I like. Very pleased with images I have taken. Well up to Olympus standard. No I will not be selling it for some time yet. All cameras have flaws one way or another, the D2's are quite moderate and I can easily live with them.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Pete,

Have we been visiting the same places with our D2s? .

Michael,

My shot was from Chester Cathedral; I'm not a big visitor of pay-to-enter religious buildings, sneaked in via the back door on this occasion!

From the enthusiastic owner-reports here I think that we can conclude that this is a good camera. I'm seriously considering getting another and sticking it away until the time when the first one wears out.

Someone asked about the leather case- it is not much use, I carry it inside a Barbour bag as a secondary form of protection; Luigi's case is a triumph of style over function, the design of the D2 precludes any ERC being fit for purpose, no matter how you do it, some of the controls/functions will be obscured. I tried making my own from a spare piece of leather but it finished up with so many cut-outs that it would not stay on the camera.

This thread seems to be a sort of D2-fest - a D2 mutual admiration society. And rightly so - so hey let's join in! :o

I don't think I've posted these before but I am sure they're in the Chile section of my 'Travels" website.

Valle de la Muerte

Dusk - Valle de la Luna

Wall - San Pedro de Atacama

• Like 1

One of my all time favourite D2 shots. From Dec 2004.

- Carl

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Carl, that is an awesome shot!

Michael,

Someone asked about the leather case- it is not much use, I carry it inside a Barbour bag as a secondary form of protection; Luigi's case is a triumph of style over function, the design of the D2 precludes any ERC being fit for purpose, no matter how you do it, some of the controls/functions will be obscured. I tried making my own from a spare piece of leather but it finished up with so many cut-outs that it would not stay on the camera.

I was wondering about the Leica case - model 18627. Anyone have an opinion about this case? I have read both good and bad opinions.

One of my favorites with the D2:

• Like 1

And of course you cant get any selective depth of field with a small sensor :)

I won't part with my LC1 it is a great camera even if it is a bit slow writing raw files. The viewfinder isn't all that bad, quite useable the only time I really notice how "bad" the finder is happens when I keep switching between the LC1 and a R or M.

Peter

• Like 2

Then there's more evidence that D2s are good in low light. The blur in is due to the 1 second exposure and Barbara shifting her gaze from the white wines to the red.

• Like 2

Wow what a thread. My D2 hasn't been out for a walk in a little while as I have been playing with a couple of other cameras (d-lux3 being one). Tomorrow is officially D2 day for me. A camera I will never sell.

terry

Central Park - Early morning November 2006

431330254_6d5b0ab26c_o.jpg

• Like 2

I had the Panasonic version (I even bought the close-up and ND filters made for it when I was in Japan in 2005.) It does feature a lot of trade-offs that would seem unthinkable by today's standards but the lens on that camera was something amazing. I may buy one again some day if prices drop.

Darlene, Welcome to the Forum. What great shots for the first post. I hope we'll be seeing more of your work. Are your shots on a website?

Thank you for your welcome and kind words! No website yet, but soon.........

Wow,

Some really great shots being posted here in this D2 fest!! You busy bees, Keep posting ;) I'll be out and about with my D2 tomorrow, this has been a very inspiring thread.

For my close ups I use the Elpro...outstanding piece of glass!

Enjoy,

Darlene

• Like 5

It is a good idea to go for modern architecture. The broken-bicycle-with-ye-olde-quainte-canal-in-the-background type of shot is getting a bit long in the tooth. If you are into this kind of thing it might be worth your while to hop over to Rotterdam or den Haag.

just to mention Rietveld Schröder House, almost unbelievably from 1924

photo from the net