Urth electronic ef/ef-s to L mount adapter

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I just saw that Urth makes an autofocus electronic adapter from ef/ef-s to L mount adapter. In their images they show it mounted to a Leica cl. No other electronic ef adapter works on the cl nor the tL2 so i send them a questions regarding compatibility and this was there answer:

"Q: You show pictures of the adapter and the Canon lenses on a Leica cl but the cl and tl2 doesnt support any other brands of electronic adapters will this work with the Leica tl2 and the cl?

Urth EU's Answer:

Hello there! Thanks for your interest in our products. This adapter can pair any Canon EF/EF-S Lens to Leica L-Mount cameras. We have not received any claims regarding compatibility issues. Best regards, Urth Suppor"

That is very interesting and maybe promising? Is anyone willing to try it out?

Edited by PFKousgaard

I no longer have any EF lenses but when I did I used the Commlite EF-L Adaptor and the CL with no issues, autofocus worked fine.  There are others here on the forum with similar success.  Why don't you order and test for yourself, given Urth's response to your question if you find it doesn't work, then return it.

• Like 1