Profiles

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello,

there has been a lot of talk about profiles and I see that it is something very important for most of you.

Do you know of any place where I can see what types of profiles you use?

I've searched the forum to see if there were examples and I haven't seen anything.

thanks

I think I explained myself very poorly because of my English.
I was referring to the fact that many of you have saved user profiles, the machine brings the Default and then we can save up to six more, those are the profiles I am referring to...

I would like to know what types of profiles people use and why so understand more.

I created one looking for Leica black and white, although I haven't found it.

On my SL2-S I have

• My Default: A-mode, Auto WB, AutoISO, Single Shot, iAF, Hybrid Shutter. This is for most photography, and what I use when I'm in a hurry.
  • Burst: S-mode, WB 4000k, 6fps? (I can't remember exactly - the fastest rate with the mechanical shutter anyway); otherwise as My Default. For dance and fast movement in theatre lighting.
  • Flash: M-mode, ISO 100, Flash WB, otherwise as My Default. For portraits etc.
  • Video C4K: I can't remember the detail, but it is the equivalent to My Default for video.
  • Silent: WB 4000K, electronic shutter, otherwise as My Default. For live performances under stage lighting.
  • M lenses: as My Default, but with EVF focus magnification on the rear dial instead of Exposure Compensation. 

Edited by LocalHero1953
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Xavi said:

I think I explained myself very poorly because of my English.
I was referring to the fact that many of you have saved user profiles, the machine brings the Default and then we can save up to six more, those are the profiles I am referring to...

I would like to know what types of profiles people use and why so understand more.

I created one looking for Leica black and white, although I haven't found it.

Ah - I see. They are just your preferred settings which you store. That will obviously vary by your preferences and usage.