Just for Kicks...

Aram Langhans

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I finally got around to shooting some Queen Anne's Lace I had sitting around for months.  I used the Q3 in Macro mode on a tripod and took 7 shots to stack for depth of field.  F9.0, ISO 200,  0.4 sec. Of course, the "Macro" mode is not that close so I knew I would have to crop a lot.

The first shot is uncropped.  

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

The interesting part was on the right, where I had focused, so I cropped it down quite a bit.

Now for the "Just for Kicks" part.  I hooked my Leica 100/2.8 APO with Elpro for 1:1 on my Nikon Z7ii and shot the same area.  I know it is not a Q3 shot, and I know it was not really a fair competition, but here it is.  View them both large if you like, to see the comparison.

so I am wondering.....  If you did not see the Leica Macro lens shot, what do you think about the Q3 cropped shot?  Is it acceptable?  I know I cannot print it as large as the 100/2.8 shot as it is already cropped a bunch, but I was still impressed.