CL pricing end of 2023

4 hours ago, Indeepthought said:

Maybe Leica will find a warehouse full of Digital CL’s (much like Canon did with the 5D’s) - There must be a lot of the Special Sets around.. 🍷

I don't know about "special sets", but there were a few limited "editions" of the CL over the years. I have one of those. Leica Miami last year started a buy-back initiative of those special edition CLs (and other Leicas), but I don't think they got very far at all, nobody was parting company with their Paul Smiths, Bauhaus and so on, at least none ever showed up in their retail section after they had launched this initiative.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't check the forum too often but I did back when the rumors of the CL's retirement first hit the news. I have to say that it's interesting to see a lot of familiar names here, some who'd sworn off the CL in anger, stating that they're selling and that it's not a great camera anyway;  those same people expressing regret for the sale.

It was a great camera when it was active, great when it was first retired, and it's great today. I find that it's primarily limited by my personal shortcomings as a photographer, but in the right hands it competes well with just about anything, and still lives toward the top of all cameras in this product sector.

I held onto mine, though I did briefly contemplate a trade. I'm so incredibly happy that I didn't cave into that urge and any time I need a reminder I just need to take it outside for a few minutes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1