Abrahamsson Rapidwinder - still being produced?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm just wondering if the Abrahamsson Rapidwinder (M6 etc version) is still being produced or sold new. The ones available on Ebay & other sources are all used items.

The Rapidwinder site still appears to be active as it includes 2023 in its header. I am aware Tom passed a number of years ago - purchased one of his memorial softies at the time.

Over the past couple of years I've tried to contact Tuulikki but never received a response.

http://rapidwinder.com/tt-abrahamsson-vancouver-bc-canada

ps. I'm not actually in the market for one (picked one up a few years ago with some spare parts)

I think Tom A made them all himself - I've never heard of anyone else taking this on. I assume the header refers to the website itself rather than any active production of Rapidwinders. I don't know if any Softies were sold after the commemorative issue. A couple of shops still seem to offer them, but perhaps this is old new stock. If there's no reply to the contact email, then I expect the website is no longer being used for sales, but has been kept up as a tribute.

• Like 1