3.5cm summaron on an M2

Trutta

I have  a 3.5 Summaron LTM and an adapter for screw to M mount and it works fine on my M2. I did first try a cheap aftermarket adapter but it din't work too well it was very tight but I found a geniuine adapter and the set up is fine on any of my M caleras.

AFAIK, any LTM range finder coupled lens will be range finder coupled when using the right adapter.

Choose the right adapter to bring up the frame lines for your lens.

If the LTM lens has an infinity lock, you may need a special adapter with a cutout to reach infinity. Leica has made these in the past, and some can be found in China today, but I have heard lots of issues where the Chinese adapters is not exactly the right thickness to focus correctly.

If you get an original Leitz adapter, you want an ISOOZ engraved like this one:

https://wiki.l-camera-forum.com/leica-wiki.en/index.php/ISOOZ

There is an earlier variant of the ISOOZ from the M3-only era that will also bring up the correct framelines, but has a shorter cutout that may not work with all infinity locks (it will just be engraved '135 cm' and doesn't mention the M2). If you're also shooting Leica M digital, you may want a modern 'type III' adapter like the latest version of the Rayqual 35/135, which works with both infinity locks and 6-bit coding.

Edited by Anbaric