Leica Monochrome vs Black and White Film

Anthony MD

17 hours ago, otto.f said:

Very well done! I must say though that you used a film that not many films can do in the sense that you hardly tell the difference with digital B&W 

I totally agreed with you. I'm so glad that you spent your precious time to reviewing my photos and a kind over-rated comment was given to me. Thank you so much.

Finding an optimized combination of digital and analog photography based on the Leica jungle is a long journey for me. Most violinlist are eager to have the Stradivari and it's about the same here on this forum. People are often facinated by the fabulous results created by the tier-1 setup(GAS) but irritated at spending enough time on it. I'm lucky enough to have spent almost 4 years on this bitter-sweet experience with so many surprises. 

To be honest, I love them both.

One thing that brought me a pleasant experience was the Barnack setup. Aigle and powerful. If anyone throws a question further like "how do you feel about Barnack, M-Series across film and digital?",  I'd say I like them all.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 12/9/2023 at 5:30 PM, Jeff S said:

Or he read the Flickr caption. 🤪

Jeff

Not that but I spotted a bit of dust on shot one, which helped a lot 😉 For shot three, I could not tell. But - despite differences in perspective - I was pretty sure that shots one and two have different tonality. More punch in shot one, mid tones more compressed, looks somehow qualitatively different. So I guessed two is the monochrome. 

That being said, I went into the challenge with much more confidence than I ended up having in the end 😄 So good one...

Edited by f8low
  • Like 1