Hello from Scotland

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello all.

After many decades as a Nikon user I felt that I no longer had the stamina to carry it around and looked for a lighter weight alternative with a similar or better sensor.  Traded all my Nikon it in for a 2nd hand Leica M11 and am currently rebuilding my lens collection, although not as extensive as I used to have (everything between 24mm and 600mm).

I specilailise in Chrysotype prints and am just using the last of my Nikon created negatives before moving on to the M11

As to my location, I live to the west of Glasgow in a smallish town called Kilmacolm.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum! Greetings from the wet, green, oft-tropical SE Texas. Bayou country; similar to southern Louisiana. 

I specialize in being an artless, eternal beginner. 😉 

My father was born in “Cajun country,” in Louisiana, “Cajun” being a grammatical corruption of Acadian. My mother’s folks were mostly Lowland Scots, as were many, if not most of the early Texian settlers. (We were Texians, before “Texan” became the common term.) 

Edited by RexGig0

On 7/16/2023 at 3:08 PM, scopa90 said:

...As to my location, I live to the west of Glasgow in a smallish town called Kilmacolm...

Not, by any chance, in 'Windyhill'?......:o......

Welcome to the forum from a London-dwelling Falkirk Bairn!

Philip (member of the CRM Society way back in the '70s).

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 7/21/2023 at 5:33 PM, pgk said:

Sounds like an interesting way to print! And I'm a bit to your SW on Arran.

Many happy memories of Arran but not been for a while. Always liked the split between hilly and flat on the island.

Thanks for the welcome.