Camera not recognising ltm lenses

Nick De Marco

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The issue most recently experienced on my M10 M, but had it with the others too, so I thought I’d ask on this forum page. When attaching some of my ltm lenses, obviously with ltm-M Adapters, it works fine at first, ie with live view and even sometimes the temperamental Visoflex 020 (which is another story, and it seems repeatedly cuts out on everyone’s camera from my reading) but then says no lens or lens not recognised. If I turn the camera on and off again it recognises it, but then the same happens again. I have the menu set either for manual lens recognition or ‘off’ but have the same problem. Is it a faulty adapter, or something else, anyone know? I’ll buy a few new adapters of that’s the only issue.

thanks in advance

Nick

On 6/8/2023 at 1:18 AM, TomB_tx said:

Many adapters have a flange cutout that leaves the 6-bit code reader uncovered. That can cause a no lens attached message.

Correct. The problem occurs when enough ambient light falls on the uncovered reader. So sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Covering the reader with a piece of paper or black tape between the adapter flange and the mount provides a temporary fix. A more permanent one is to acquire an adapter without the cutout (which is there to avoid the focusing tab on some ltm lenses with infinity lock from touching the flange).

• Like 2

I have a RayQual (Japanese) adapter that I bought while the US.  Not cheap but they work well. Barely any EU distribution...

Rayqual

I just ran across LLL as an option as well.  They have US distribution, I've asked what theu can do inside the EU customs zone if that matters.  I haven't tried this one yet.

LLL adapters

Having spent a bunch of time hunting for these on eBay, etc it can be a long chase at times.

• Like 1