Egyptian wedding in Giza

erl

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Usually I stay in very cheap hotels. On this occasion I scored a 5 star hotel for the price of a 'no star' hotel, just across the road from the pyramids.

Returning from riding  a horse around the pyramids, I found an Egyptian wedding reception in progress in my hotel. Without hesitation, I joined the guest throng in the foyer and started shooting. There was a fabulous staircase leading up to the reception event and the local musicians really turned on a performance. I got dozens and dozens of great pics (my opinion only).

I present here, a selection of 4 images shot at the foot of the staircase.

Leica M9, Elmatit 24mm, Summilux 50mm.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 10

9 hours ago, fotografr said:

Very nice. Did you also manage a seat at the wedding dinner?

Not on this occasion, I had other plans, but at the Indian wedding in Delhi that I shot, the father of the bride shanghaied me and insisted that I sit at the bridal table with him!

May post some pics of that some time.

• 3 months later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 9/8/2023 at 3:39 PM, jackwilliam11 said:

That sounds like quite an experience! Being invited to sit at the bridal table with the father of the bride at an Indian wedding in Delhi must have been an honor and a unique opportunity to connect with the couple's family and experience the cultural traditions up close. We would love to see some pictures from that memorable event whenever you decide to share them. Indian weddings are known for their vibrant colors, rich traditions, and joyful celebrations, so your photos are sure to capture some beautiful moments. Feel free to share the highlights and stories from your time at the bridal table as well; we'd love to hear more about it! 📸🥂🎉

Had a computer upgrade since then. May take a bit of time to locate the Indian Wedding, but I will start searching. Need to revisit them anyway.