M11M and User Profiles not persisting

digitalfx

UPDATE:

I see that the profile is actually the correct profile I used previously, it's just that the profile number I selected is no longer visible in the quick menu. It displays the default profile as active.

So if you use multiple profiles you have no idea which one you're on looking at the menu after a restart. Unless im missing something why does it behave like this? 

mine are all coded. 

Does your camera profile icon stick after a reset?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

vor 43 Minuten schrieb digitalfx:

mine are all coded. 

Does your camera profile icon stick after a reset?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

It wasn’t before this thread. It took several attempts to save the settings with profile User1 and to set the profile to active. After about five times, the profile now sticks after restarting the camera. I just set up a second user profile. If I select User2 and turn the camera off and on, it also sticks. Thanks.

3 hours ago, lct said:

Depends. The least change in the settings of the profile makes disappear its icon.

Yes, im aware of this...but I can switch profiles and immediately turn off the camera it still starts up with default profile.

2 hours ago, Chaemono said:

It wasn’t before this thread. It took several attempts to save the settings with profile User1 and to set the profile to active. After about five times, the profile now sticks after restarting the camera. I just set up a second user profile. If I select User2 and turn the camera off and on, it also sticks. Thanks.

hmmm...I've saved the profile a dozen times and even created a 2nd profile, still doesnt stick. 

• digitalfx changed the title to M11M and User Profiles not persisting
vor 1 Stunde schrieb digitalfx:

hmmm...I've saved the profile a dozen times and even created a 2nd profile, still doesnt stick. 

Ok, it’s a feature, not a bug. I’m sorry about this, but it was in the middle of the night and I didn’t realize what made the difference. If a user profile, User1, let’s say, is selected and any setting like EV, for example, is changed while using the camera, from EV -1/3, which is what I use in User1, to EV 0, for instance, the icon on the quick menu reverts back to the Default Profile icon, but the camera still keeps all the other settings as selected in User1. If one goes into Profiles, Default Profile will not show as active. In fact, no profile shows as active. All it means is, that a setting has been changed on the camera that does not correspond to the settings of any saved user profile. I actually think now it’s a good thing, because it alerts me that something is off from my standard settings even if it is such a trivial thing as EV that I had changed with the back-wheel before I had turned the camera off. 

Edited by Chaemono
  • Like 1

vor 2 Stunden schrieb digitalfx:

Yes, im aware of this...but I can switch profiles and immediately turn off the camera it still starts up with default profile.

Not with my camera. If I select a profile like User1 in the quick menu before I switch the camera off, it will start up with that profile.

4 hours ago, digitalfx said:

May happen if the lens you're using (typically an uncoded one) is not the same as the one you had when setting the user profile.

9 hours ago, Chaemono said:

Ok, it’s a feature, not a bug. I’m sorry about this, but it was in the middle of the night and I didn’t realize what made the difference. If a user profile, User1, let’s say, is selected and any setting like EV, for example, is changed while using the camera, from EV -1/3, which is what I use in User1, to EV 0, for instance, the icon on the quick menu reverts back to the Default Profile icon, but the camera still keeps all the other settings as selected in User1. If one goes into Profiles, Default Profile will not show as active. In fact, no profile shows as active. All it means is, that a setting has been changed on the camera that does not correspond to the settings of any saved user profile. I actually think now it’s a good thing, because it alerts me that something is off from my standard settings even if it is such a trivial thing as EV that I had changed with the back-wheel before I had turned the camera off. 

Yes, I understand this. But that's not my case. Nothing changed on camera other than power off, I can save the profile and immediately shut down the camera and it still reverts to the default profile.

5 hours ago, lct said:

May happen if the lens you're using (typically an uncoded one) is not the same as the one you had when setting the user profile.

that would be frustrating...in my case all lenses are factory coded. I'll try rebuilding the profile from scratch.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb digitalfx:

Yes, I understand this. But that's not my case. Nothing changed on camera other than power off, I can save the profile and immediately shut down the camera and it still reverts to the default profile.

I replied in #12 as well after I understood what the issue was exactly. It’s not the way my camera behaves. I tried it with choosing User2 just before switching it off. It starts up showing User2 as the selected profile. Does it say “Active” next to the Default profile when you go to User Profile?

3 minutes ago, Chaemono said:

I replied in #12 as well after I understood what the issue was exactly. It’s not the way my camera behaves. I tried it with choosing User2 just before switching it off. It starts up showing User2 as the selected profile. Does it say “Active” next to the Default profile when you go to User Profile?

After a restart, none of the profiles are labeled ACTIVE...but it appears the last used profile is still active and the favorites menu displays the default profile instead of the one I selected prior to shutting off the camera. I'll post a video.

vor 7 Minuten schrieb digitalfx:

After a restart, none of the profiles are labeled ACTIVE...but it appears the last used profile is still active and the favorites menu displays the default profile instead of the one I selected prior to shutting off the camera. I'll post a video.

This happens in my camera only when I chose User1, for example, make any setting change, and then turn the camera off. Default Profile icon shown after starting the camera up and no profile labeled “Active.”

6 minutes ago, Chaemono said:

This happens in my camera only when I chose User1, for example, make any setting change, and then turn the camera off. Default Profile icon shown after starting the camera up and no profile labeled “Active.”

Just to clarify. If I simply load Profile 1, I then have profile 1 displayed in Favorites Menu. I then CHANGE NOTHING, and simply turn off the camera. When I restart the camera the favorites menu no longer shows Profile 1 as active...instead it lists the default profile.

If I made a settings change I would expect this behavior...but Im not making any changes, therefore Profile 1 should persist when I restart.

vor 8 Minuten schrieb digitalfx:

Just to clarify. If I simply load Profile 1, I then have profile 1 displayed in Favorites Menu. I then CHANGE NOTHING, and simply turn off the camera. When I restart the camera the favorites menu no longer shows Profile 1 as active...instead it lists the default profile.

If I made a settings change I would expect this behavior...but Im not making any changes, therefore Profile 1 should persist when I restart.

Yes, I agree. Reset the camera perhaps and see if the issue persists? Take out the battery, too? 

Edit: Also, check to see if there are any changes to your settings that may have occurred/the camera may have made after being restarted. 

Edited by Chaemono