I sold my Q2 Monochrom

10 hours ago, Le Chef said:

And to good effect! Nice but sad to seen places like Doncaster market. Louth and Horncastle markets are pretty much the same with sparsely populated stalls with tat.

Full disclosure that quite alot of those black and whites in my website are conversions from a m10r, especially the England ones when that was the only camera I took on that visit back home.

I hear you about the market town’s, it’s really sad to see having grown up in Doncaster.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 1/24/2023 at 7:38 AM, John Smith said:

I just traded in all my wife's CL stuff for a Q2M. I don't think I am ever going to sell this camera. The camera is such a beast. The files are fantastic and the touch-and-release with bracketing is a game changer. 

Congratulations! 

I just bought a CL setup 2 weeks ago - loving it as a new travel and general carry camera but the Q2-M caught my attention so today I went out and bought one after selling a menagerie of Hasselblad kit. Unboxing tomorrow! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/21/2023 at 7:09 PM, fontilan said:

A beautiful camera which creates beautiful images but I just wasn’t using it enough to justify keeping it. 

I hope that wherever it lands, it gets the love and attention it deserves. 

Where did you end up selling it? 

Am trying to do the same.  I made the classic mistake of buying a Q2M because I couldn't justify the expense of an M10-M, then buying a used M10-M for about what I paid for the Q2M and now looking at losing up to 20-50% of what I paid selling a four month old Q2M.  Can't kick myself enough.  Could have bought a brand new M10-M for the same amount.

This may be unpopular, and I apologize in advance. I was sure that several years ago I wanted a mono Q. I have always loved black and white and still do. I think almost everything looks great in black and white, especially candids of people displaying natural energy / emotion. Some things look better in color, as color often adds to it. It's sometimes also better to identify contents of the photo...though in certain cases, black and white helps isolate the subject. I think many like the idea of a mono camera, though I hear of a lot of them collecting dust which is very sad. Maybe for that reason. 

On 2/11/2023 at 2:57 AM, Nimar said:

Personally I love B/W, my possibly unpopular opinion is I don’t like an EVF. Neither looking through a screen nor how its auto focus works. 

Much prefer an OVF / range finder focus. 

I was exactly in your boat.  EVF's were the pits and I could not get use to them in the time I played around with them in a camera store.  Then a few years ago my wife bought me a Q2 for Christmas.  I was thrilled but still had mixed emotions (that were best not shown around her).  But the more I used it the better it seemed.  So much so that a year later I sold my Nikon DSLR stuff and went mirrorless for that, too.  There were other benefits, too, like weight and size for  my aching 73 year old bones to hike with.  But the moral is that even a die hard SLR/DSLR user for 45 years can appreciate and even prefer a good EVF if given the chance.