Summicron DR 50mm on M11 Sample DNG?

hmzimelka

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just out of curiosity, does anyone have a sample DNG file taken with a Summicron DR 50mm at a distant subject? Preferably at f/5.6 or wider. 😬

I'm considering one in hopefully good nick...

Thanks in advanced.

Edited by hmzimelka

Unfortunately, a DNG file from another lens and different body won’t give you much information about an unrelated lens/body combination. I think you’ll fare better (or as well) as finding one, of many, on line.  That or ask for a DNG file from the seller of the lens you are considering. 

5 hours ago, hmzimelka said:

Maybe @James Lu can help?

Attached is a Jpeg I took from my office window at f8. Due to size limit, I just resize it and did not do any editing. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

7 hours ago, DenverSteve said:

Unfortunately, a DNG file from another lens and different body won’t give you much information about an unrelated lens/body combination. I think you’ll fare better (or as well) as finding one, of many, on line.  That or ask for a DNG file from the seller of the lens you are considering. 

I'm quite confused by your comment... There are M11 users here with the DR 50mm so it's not unreasonable.

I haven't found any online, hence me asking here.

The seller is a store, with a sales team that doesn't take pictures with their stock.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Can the DR be mounted on the M11 without modification to the close focus mechanism on the lens?

This was an issue with older digital M bodies and I had DAG modify mine. Currently shooting my DR on an M10.

It should be noted that the Summicron Rigid and DR share the same optional formula and the Rigid can be mounted without a problem. 

2 hours ago, thrid said:

Can the DR be mounted on the M11 without modification to the close focus mechanism on the lens?

This was an issue with older digital M bodies and I had DAG modify mine. Currently shooting my DR on an M10.

It should be noted that the Summicron Rigid and DR share the same optional formula and the Rigid can be mounted without a problem. 

I believe it can, yes. There was a thread some months ago that went into this topic. Since the M11 shutter chamber is now free of the metering cell, there is nothing for the raised portion of the cam to bump or be forced into at near infinity focus.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, thrid said:

Yes, it can. 

• Like 1

M11+50mm Summicron-DR

May not be distant enough to meet your request though. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Am 28.11.2022 um 20:21 schrieb hmzimelka:

Just out of curiosity, does anyone have a sample DNG file taken with a Summicron DR 50 mm at a distant subject?

Out of curiosity, why would you want to see a sample DNG taken with a dual-range Summicron 50 mm at a distant subject?

Edited by 01af

47 minutes ago, 01af said:

Out of curiosity, why would you want to see a sample DNG taken with a dual-range Summicron 50 mm at a distant subject?

Because I'm interested in buying a DR 50 Summicron. And since everyone has different editing settings for their image, I get no base for comparison looking at jpeg files. If it's a RAW file, I can apply my default RAW settings, which gives me a base for comparison. With regards to distance, well, I shoot nature and landscapes, and for me this would be the most informative as apposed to subjects shot at close focus distance. With regard to aperture setting, middle of the line aperture settings like f/5.6 or f/4, or some 2-3 stops down from wide open, is also revealing with regard to my most used aperture values.  

But the boat has sailed on the lens that I was after... I'll have to wait for another one. 

• 11 months later...