Range of focus of Focomat 1c

john fletcher

On 11/5/2022 at 6:20 AM, john fletcher said:

Hello Michael,

I have problem removing the easel from the baseboard clamping system. When I bought the enlarger it came separately and I had no problem fitting it but now but I can't get the damned thing off which I need to do at the moment. I've removed the two special nuts on the underside together with the spring plate which holds the main bar (see photo) but I still can't gert the easel off.  I've got in a bit of a mess with this can you help ?

Best regards,

John

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

The side lever moves the easel vertically, and the horizontal slots keep it straight. 

Try sliding the easel off the side.

Cheers,

Alec

• 5 months later...
4 hours ago, Leicabimmer said:

Great topic everyone! Does anyone know what differences are between the DOORX and the 17675. Can someone supply the actual extension lengths of these 2 tubes? Thanks!

Measuring roughly with a ruler the 17675 X extends 14mm and its screwthread seems to be the same. I believe the Doorx spacer is the same, but I can check this tomorrow at work.

There is a difference between early spacers and later ones: the later ones come with two slots in the screwthread. Leitz made a tool that fits into these two slots to be able to turn the spacer in case it got stuck. The Doorx spacer came earlier and some do not have the slots.

Edited by M.Hilo

Now I had a better look and perhaps the extension is closer to 15mm. It is almost impossible to be sure.

DOORX and the 17675 tube are basically the same thing. As said before, 17675 has slots in the screw thread. Attached a picture that shows one of these slots in 17675 inside the screw thread. Also visible is that the screw thread became different over the years.

And, attached a picture of said Leitz tool to loosen the ring when stuck. Marked are the 2 parts that fit into the slots.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Thanks so much for the legwork! I am in the process of revitalizing my 1C and somewhere along the way my DOORX went missing. It’s been difficult finding one online these days but I do however have collection of Leitz extension tubes one of which is a 15mm. Next phase is finding the anti-newton (which is hiding with the DOORX) Thanks again!