A short lesson on how not to ride a bicycle

stuny

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Union Square farmers market, yesterday morning

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 8
  • Haha 8

I have seen this man before. I believe the front wheel is somehow attached to the drain cover and welded / locked into that "braked too hard" position. Rather similar to the people you see resting on a garden implement with their feet off the ground. I do love this sort of illusion, however.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

12 minutes ago, Marc B-C said:

I have seen this man before. I believe the front wheel is somehow attached to the drain cover and welded / locked into that "braked too hard" position. Rather similar to the people you see resting on a garden implement with their feet off the ground. I do love this sort of illusion, however.

Thanks for all the details! I thought it was the Stuny's outfit that was disorienting that poor guy; and I wasnt sure if I had to feel sorry for him, or for Stuny. :) 

Edited by Louis
  • Haha 2

Marc -

I was wondering that.  I also wondered if the package in the bike's basket a was heavy enough weight to create the effect, I'll have to look for that manhole cover when I'm next there.  This shot was at the north end of the park, just a bit east of Broadway.

3 hours ago, stuny said:

Marc -

I was wondering that.  I also wondered if the package in the bike's basket a was heavy enough weight to create the effect, I'll have to look for that manhole cover when I'm next there.  This shot was at the north end of the park, just a bit east of Broadway.

I have seen him elsewhere and he is always “balanced” on the side of a manhole cover, hence my interpretation of how it works. Perhaps other answers but none that make sense to my non engineering brain.

Edited by Marc B-C