SL2 screen protector

IJGRAY

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Can anyone recommend a good hard screen protector for the Leica SL2. I don’t like the flexible type because I want more protection for the glass if I happen to drop the camera. However I have found that when I try to match the actual specified width I can not find one that fits perfectly. Some are a bit short in width and leave some of the glass unprotected. Others are a fraction to wide, perhaps a millimetre or so and when placed on the glass one edge sits on the rim of the frame and prevents an air type seal. There must be a manufacturer out there who has got the right one for the SL2. Can anyone help ?

33 minutes ago, IJGRAY said:

Can anyone recommend a good hard screen protector for the Leica SL2. I don’t like the flexible type because I want more protection for the glass if I happen to drop the camera. However I have found that when I try to match the actual specified width I can not find one that fits perfectly. Some are a bit short in width and leave some of the glass unprotected. Others are a fraction to wide, perhaps a millimetre or so and when placed on the glass one edge sits on the rim of the frame and prevents an air type seal. There must be a manufacturer out there who has got the right one for the SL2. Can anyone help ?

I use the Expert Shield Glass Screen. It's made of thin glass & fits exactly. The picture in the B&H ad is wrong, the screen protector's made of glass & is not flexible. It's worked very well for me as I've dragged my SL2 & SL2-S all over Africa on safaris. I've banged the rear screen many times & the screen protector's taken the knocks & resultant cracks.

• Like 3

On 5/27/2022 at 10:28 AM, IJGRAY said:

On 5/27/2022 at 10:28 AM, IJGRAY said:

Well I took the advice and bought the Expert field screen protector and low and behold it IS just a flexible film again and not the stiff protective screen. Annother few quid down the bloody drain.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

20 minutes ago, IJGRAY said:

Well I took the advice and bought the Expert field screen protector and low and behold it IS just a flexible film again and not the stiff protective screen. Annother few quid down the bloody drain.

they make 3 versions, one is glass

https://shop.expertshield.com/Leica_SL2_GLASS

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IJGRAY said:

You either bought or were sold the wrong one, the one I use is glass & is not flexible.