Forum Login Problem

B Rogers

Advertisement (gone after registration)

As it says.

Every single time I clear the browser cookies, with any of my devices, I am unable to login to this forum, until I use the Forgot Password link and reset my password.

For a few weeks I thought I was simply being forgetful because my forum password would be rejected every time cookies were cleared.

Subsequently I decided to make a written record of a password on various devices. When I needed to login again I thought I could simply copy and paste said password into the login password field. This did not help. OK; perhaps there's a functionality issue when utilising the paste facility, I thought. 

I've just tested that by clearing cookies. Of course, my current and correct password was promptly rejected when I tried to login a minute later. Fine—I reset my password via the "Forgot Password" link and confirmation email, created a new password, short and simple, carefully noted and logged in AGAIN. After clearing cookies five minutes ago, I was, as usual, unable to login using the correct password I'd only changed a minute previously!

Following that I've changed my password YET AGAIN so I could login and create this post.

This forum is the ONLY site at which I have ever had an issue like this with ANY of my devices, and I have exactly the same difficulties after clearing cookies with ANY of my devices. 

Anybody else having similar issues? This is an interesting forum. But not interesting enough, to deal with this unnecessary waste of time on an indefinite basis.

Just out of curiosity I tried this with my browser (Firefox) because I can't remember that I ever deleted cookies in the last 10+ years.

Found the functionality in the Firefox browser. Deleted only the cookies for l-camera-forum. Saved it. Went to l-camera-forum.com and I was not logged in. Logged in with my username and password and here I am without problems.

Do you have some settings or plugins activated that try to prevent tracking? These settings are known to interfere with some functions of websites. 

• Thanks 1