Focus assist in playback

taxal67

Advertisement (gone after registration)

SL2-S - using m lenses via the Leica adapter. Ever since upgrading the camera firmware to 2.1, I've struggled to get back to the way the camera was set up before.

In the "Menu' and 'Focusing' - focus mode is greyed out, as is MF setup.? What have I missed?

Also, the focus peaking, it now shows in playback - how do I switch this off?

7 minutes ago, beewee said:

If your lens has an AF/MF switch or a focus ring that switches from AF to MF (i.e. Lumix) and the lens is set to AF, MF option will be greyed out.

No, it's M lenses on the Leica adapter. Something changed during the update, just can't work out what?

4 hours ago, taxal67 said:

No, it's M lenses on the Leica adapter. Something changed during the update, just can't work out what?

M lenses on a leica adapter = only Manual focus is available..was there something else in the menu that should be active for a manual lens?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, taxal67 said:

All now resolved - spoke with a Leica tech.

A reset meant the FN button started to behave as it should again. Which is odd, I had already done the same reset with no success?

Could have been some obscure user preset saved setting that you weren’t aware of and a full reset cleared it. It could also be some bug that got the camera into a weird state which only a full reset was able to resolve - I’ve had one of these related to geotagging on the SL2-S in the early days.