M8 battery

costa43

I have an OEM and a third party battery I bought off Amazon last year. The OEM may have been an original, camera is from 2007, it lasts OK but the third party battery definitely lasts longer. I had another third party battery, I got with the camera, that sounds like the one you have, 60 shots is a good day for it, should get recycled. Leaving the camera on overnight should deplete the battery, then recharge it, may work or may not but it is worth a try. 

1 hour ago, handgun said:

When you were using the M8 What was the Temperature ?  My M8 will last about 50 to 70 frames then it dies !!  at 2 to 5 deg C 

Keep a spare fully charged one in your inside pocket

It was pretty cold, around 5 degrees so I guess that may have caused it to run down even quicker. I'm buying another one on Monday. 

1 hour ago, tommonego@gmail.com said:

I have an OEM and a third party battery I bought off Amazon last year. The OEM may have been an original, camera is from 2007, it lasts OK but the third party battery definitely lasts longer. I had another third party battery, I got with the camera, that sounds like the one you have, 60 shots is a good day for it, should get recycled. Leaving the camera on overnight should deplete the battery, then recharge it, may work or may not but it is worth a try. 

Thanks I'll give it a go. I'm guessing it's an original one from 2007 yes. Which 3rd party battery do you have?

3 hours ago, lct said:

I've used mainly third party batteries with my M8.2. All worked fine but they needed to be fully discharged in the camera before recharging them, failing which you'll get false meter readings. 

Any suggestions on which 3rd party brands have worked well for you?

1 hour ago, costa43 said:

Any suggestions on which 3rd party brands have worked well for you?

Not sure if they're still sold.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Thanks 1

OEM batteries are still sold.  For the price of one OEM you can buy a lot of aftermarket batteries from eBay.  I am having good luck with aftermarket from eBay without any weird voodoo to make them run,  They are CameronSino.  Their prices on eBay vary withing a small range.  Looks like they are all around US$20 today.  B&H has the OEM for US$150.  If you think the OEM is seven times better it is a wise buy.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/5/2020 at 12:34 PM, tommonego@gmail.com said:

The one I bought from Amazon was a Cameron Sino. You can get the OEM battery on Amazon or B&H. This one has worked well for me.

Yes, I also bought a couple Cameron Sino batteries from Amazon for $20 each for my M8.  They work.  So far so good.

My replica is also fine and looks good inside. ...

Am 18.5.2015 um 22:39 schrieb Dao De Leitz:

... I am completely surprised. This I did not expect: It looks like a full replica,...  There is a similar protective circuit,  ... Obviously I can recognize everything that correlates to the block diagram. ... from 'Anatomy of the Leica M8's Battery 14464'

from Anatomy of the Leica M8's Battery 14464

Thorsten

• Like 1