How to use 2gb internal memory of M10-D to take pic?

samlee.hk

I don't think so.  The 2GB of internal memory is the buffer for continuous shooting so that the processor has some memory to temporarily store multiple shots while it processes their jpeg/DNG thumbnail pictures for the LCD and any jpg parameters that have been set.

Pete.

• Like 1

The camera needs a buffer for storing the DNGs, too, I would think. It can take photographs faster than it can store them on the card. Nonetheless, I seem to remember that the M (Typ 240) used to be able to take photographs and keep them in its internal storage. That could become useful if you managed to insert a working SD card before you turned the camera off and before it lost its power. No doubt the manual should say so if it was possible.

• Like 1

The buffer memory is not a non-volatile memory.  Switch the camera off and it is gone.  So you don't want to save a picture there.  There are other cameras with some internal non-volatile store in addition to the SD card, but not the M10s.  (Ricoh, I think, is one.)

Hmm.  (@NigelG 's observation...) The built-in NRAM in the TL/2 is like having a second chip for backup or to catch an overflow  Leica Fotos has still not figured out how to talk to both chips that an SL or SL2 can hold, and Fotos can talk to the TL cameras.  Can it see the built-in chip's pictures?  I don't have a TL, but  I have tested several generations of Fotos and would like to know.  Can anyone help with this by trying Fotos on their TL?

Edited by scott kirkpatrick

Scott - the Ts are designed to operate without an SD card inserted at all (hence 32Gb) -  the internal memory isn’t a backup or “overflow catcher”. I guess Leica assumed that people used to shooting with a phone don’t generally use memory cards....and maybe that was part of their target market?

Unlike Ms there’s no “No SD card inserted” warning etc. you can record straight to the internal memory, or an SD card if you have one (annoyingly AFAIK you can’t record say RAW to the SD and jpeg to internal simultaneously to get an effective 2 slot P+S.) You can also record to the internal alone and later put in a card and transfer all/selected images onto it.

Given all the issues with Fotos I fortunately never upgraded from the original T app which works flawlessly in my case and from memory when it links to the camera it “sees” no difference between the internal memory or SD card - you just choose which location the files are in...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NigelG said:

Scott - the Ts are designed to operate without an SD card inserted at all (hence 32Gb) -  the internal memory isn’t a backup or “overflow catcher”. I guess Leica assumed that people used to shooting with a phone don’t generally use memory cards....and maybe that was part of their target market?

Unlike Ms there’s no “No SD card inserted” warning etc. you can record straight to the internal memory, or an SD card if you have one (annoyingly AFAIK you can’t record say RAW to the SD and jpeg to internal simultaneously to get an effective 2 slot P+S.) You can also record to the internal alone and later put in a card and transfer all/selected images onto it.

Given all the issues with Fotos I fortunately never upgraded from the original T app which works flawlessly in my case and from memory when it links to the camera it “sees” no difference between the internal memory or SD card - you just choose which location the files are in...

Choosing which card (internal or external) to select an image from is precisely what has the Fotos app for current L-mount models stumped.  If your nice stable T app offers such a choice, could you post a picture of what that looks like when there are images on both the internal and SD external cards?  Or does the T spp just treat the two parts of storage  as one continuous bin of images?

I will have to have a T to hand....1 stuck in my (inaccessible) NYC apartment and the other in London.

I might be able to do it in a couple of days - can't remember how it looks but it's a moot point really as the app has been deleted from the app store and can't be downloaded anymore. I only have it on my US cell phone not my UK one or either iPad 😡