Q2 Focus ring lock tab button; disable?

dno

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Happy Q2 newbie here with a minor annoyance: I find the requirement to lock/unlock the focus ring by pressing the button on the tab to take the camera in or out of AF kind of annoying. I wish it was more like the iris control, a simple detente that you can feel but not have to fiddle with to take it in or out of auto mode. What is the Leica logic behind this? It's kind of clunky. I know I can force it but that doesn't feel like a good thing. So my question: Is there a way to disable the button?

I find it hard to accept that I'm the only one who's a little bugged by the way this function is implemented, but very well, it may just be that my personal sense of ergonomics doesn't agree with it. But for about 99 things I like about the Q2, I'll happily live with one I don't.

• Like 1

The lock control is not the most intuitive, but it works well and is not that difficult to operate.

The thing I disliked most about the original Q was the on/off switch, because of which I often found myself shooting in continuous mode when I did not wish to. Thankfully, this has been corrected on the Q2.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

41 minutes ago, Viv said:

The thing I disliked most about the original Q was the on/off switch, because of which I often found myself shooting in continuous mode when I did not wish to. Thankfully, this has been corrected on the Q2.

For me the worst thing about the Q2 is the removal of this and the video button - I now have to fumble around in menus to do things that I could do before without even looking at the camera!

Before the Q2, there were many complaints on this forum about the Q Off/S/C switch too easily moving to Continuous AND the Video button being accidentally pushed. Most Q2 users do not use video often. Video can easily be selected in the Quick menu. 

• Like 1