CL Exposure bracketing question?

yst

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello, 

Is the Leica CL Exposure bracketing only starts at 1 full f-stop?  

Why not the CL provide a 1/2 f-stop Exposure bracketing (or at least 2/3 f-stop) capacity, which most of other cameras do?   Like D-Lux 7,  SL2, or the new S3... 

Although not an answer to your actual question, I have found it much easier to resort to manual exposure control, which provides incremental control, far finer that letting the camera do it for you.

13 hours ago, yst said:

Is the Leica CL Exposure bracketing only starts at 1 full f-stop?

"Three pictures in graduations up to ± 3EV, adjustable in 1/3 EV increments" according to the current specs but the previous ones said "Three or five pictures in graduations up to ± 3 EV, adjustable in 1 EV increments" and the instruction manual says "3 graduations (1EV, 2EV, 3EV) and 3 or 5 pictures per series are available". Sounds like the current specs are not respected then, i don't know why.

33 minutes ago, tommonego@gmail.com said:

I agree with David on this, easy to do manual bracketing. BUT the CL doesn't do 1/2 stop increments, it is set for 1/3 stop increment on manual adjustment. The one stop bracket shouldn't be a problem shooting DNG files, maybe on jpegs. 

Yes, that is so with TL lenses. But with Leica M lenses you have even finer control which I enjoy.

3 hours ago, wda said:

Yes, that is so with TL lenses. But with Leica M lenses you have even finer control which I enjoy.

Yes with M lenses though I tend set the f-stop and still use the shutter for control. You do have infinite control with your f-stops on an M lens, but it means taking the camera from my eye, but that is what I do, everyone has their own way of working. 

• Like 1