PBart

Leica FOTOS App w/ iPad Pro & SL2

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello All,

I've been trying to reach out to Leica about an issue I'm finding with the Leica FOTOS app for iPad but no responses. I'm able to connect my SL2 to my iPad Pro with the FOTOS app but getting a very soft image when viewing in the Remote mode. The library thumbnails look soft too.

I do get nice clean images when I open up an image already captured.

Maybe I'm missing something? I tried with both of my SL2s and no luck. It would be a nice app to use on some photoshoots. Only other issue is that it doesn't support 2 card slots so a backup not happening when using the app. 

Thanks,

Paul

35 minutes ago, PBart said:

Hello All,

I've been trying to reach out to Leica about an issue I'm finding with the Leica FOTOS app for iPad but no responses. I'm able to connect my SL2 to my iPad Pro with the FOTOS app but getting a very soft image when viewing in the Remote mode. The library thumbnails look soft too.

I do get nice clean images when I open up an image already captured.

Maybe I'm missing something? I tried with both of my SL2s and no luck. It would be a nice app to use on some photoshoots. Only other issue is that it doesn't support 2 card slots so a backup not happening when using the app. 

Thanks,

Paul

Are you using the Pro (subscription)  version of FOTOS app?

15 minutes ago, SrMi said:

Are you using the Pro (subscription)  version of FOTOS app?

Yes, I’m using the Pro version of FOTOs. Paid for it in December.

On 2/7/2020 at 9:40 PM, PBart said:

Yes, I’m using the Pro version of FOTOs. Paid for it in December.

Did you get a response in the meantime?

31 minutes ago, Leon_B. said:

Did you get a response in the meantime?

Someone responded days later but not clear about when the issue will be fixed. Below is the email. For now I have a useless app and look forward to the issue being fixed.

"Thank you for the feedback which has been forwarded to the SL2 product managers at the Leica factory headquarters in Germany.  I’m told that work is being done to address the soft image issue, which will hopefully be addressed in the next app update."

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By sifoto
      Hallo Community,

bin hier neu in der Community, bin neu mit der Leica, aber nicht neu in der Fotografie. Mein Steckenpferd sind virtuelle Panoramen, aus denen sich sehr schöne großformatige Bilder extrahieren lassen. 
      Bei der Panoramafotografie muss man alle Automatik abstellen. So auch den Autofokus. Nun habe ich gedacht, dass ich mit der App die Kamera (Leica Q2) auslösen kann. Das kann ich zwar, aber nur mit Autofokus. So funktioniert das aber bei den Panos nicht. 
      Ich habe mir nun eine mechanische Hilfe gebaut. Naja... 
      Hat Jemand eine Idee, wie ich die Kamera fernauslösen kann, ohne Autofokus.
      Vorab schon mal vielen Dank,

Ronald

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By Andi1968
      Ist jemanden bekannt ob in Zukunft Zwischenringe für die Leica SL Objektive geplant sind, um die minimale Distanz zu veringern, oder gar ein Makroobjektiv ?
    • By Albers
      I can't get the SL2 to fire in High Speed Sync with the SF60 flash in manual.  It only works in TTL for High Sync.  The High Speed symbol lights up in manual when you go past 1/250 but the flash doesn't fire.   Has anyone gotten it to work in manual?
      Thanks
    • By caccialdo
      Hi guys!
      I've been trying to use my Q (firmware 3.1) with the FOTOS app on both my iPad and iPhone in "Join WLAN" mode but I've been hitting a wall so far. The setup work ok in "Create WLAN" mode with the app recognising the QR code fine but I was hoping I could get a stronger / more stable connection by going through the home router.
      Anyone managed to make it work?
      I should add that when trying to read the QR code while in "Join WLAN" mode with another QR code reader app this is the content I'm getting:
      DEVICE-NAME: Leica Q-5*****8 MODEL-NAME: LEICA Q (Typ 116) SSID: P****e Where "P****e" is my Wifi network name (obfuscated name). Could it be missing something?
      FYI, this is the content of the QR code when in "Create WLAN" mode:
      MDL: LCW-1 SSID: Leica Q-5*****8 PW: 1******8  
    • By Photoworks
      Maybe someone can help. on a few shoots not the Flash in TTL or A does not fire.
      Looks like this happens when the background in lighter . but in many case I place subject in the same and want to add some lighting the front.
      Does anybody has a solution?
      I have been using TTL to be able to shoot at higher exposures. this has been happening all the time, the flash didn't ever fire, it is not overheated.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue., Read more about our Privacy Policy