Request: One-click photo upload capability to LUF

firoze

Advertisement (gone after registration)

4 minutes ago, ianman said:

You never know. I've just seen this one which seem really easy to implement and - to me - cheap. (example $13.50 for 2000 images). https://tinypng.com/developers

Ian thanks, this plugin looks excellent. I do hope the Admins will investigate this.

24 minutes ago, andybarton said:

No, of course not. I'm not that clever.

But I know what I am doing with it and trust Adobe, world leaders in this sort of thing. 

Adobe is one of the last remaining software giant dinosaurs. Their software is bloated and expensive. The only reason they are still around is that people are afraid of change (same as Microsoft). There are many excellent, cheap or free alternatives around. But people are too lazy to look, or too afraid to change.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ianman said:

Adobe is one of the last remaining software giant dinosaurs. Their software is bloated and expensive. The only reason they are still around is that people are afraid of change (same as Microsoft). There are many excellent, cheap or free alternatives around.

I wholeheartedly agree with that!

Edited by firoze

41 minutes ago, jaapv said:

No it is not. You must always adapt sharpening after resizing. Otherwise you get results like post #14

But you are talking about a complete workflow here, not a process within that workflow.

What's the issue with the image in post 14?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

No I am not. If you resize an image for display, or any other use for that matter, you must do the final sharpening AFTER the resize. LR will do it automatically if you have “sharpen for screen” activated in the export dialog. If you leave it to the website you get results like post #14 with completely destroyed microcontrast and a bas-reliëf effect. 

1 hour ago, firoze said:

I wholeheartedly agree with that!

I don’t. But I admit that Photoshop requires expertise that not everybody is willing to acquire.  I’ve tried just about all programs on the market -some are quite good for basic editing-and I always run into lacking options. Like it or not, Adobe is still the industry standard. 

• Like 1

One issue I have when I want to illustrate a post (usually in the vintage section) with multiple images is that the forum software tells me that the images are bigger than my computer tells me, often leading to multiple posts or re-sizing in the middle of a post. I also have to refresh in order to make such multiple posts. What I have to do now is to make images really small to leave 'headroom' for such size issues. I also remember that at one time the system here would tell me how much more I could upload while I was in the middle of a multi-image post. This is no longer the case. All I get now is what size the total upload should be, but that does not match any information that I have on my computer.  The system here is messy and more complicated than it needs to be. It could certainly be a lot more user friendly.

William

• Like 1

There is a bug in the Forum software that prevents multiple images in one post, even if you are within your 500/1000kb limit.

Refreshing the web page clears that problem.

I find that if I get Photoshop to create a file that is about 950kb in size, it uploads without any problem at all.

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, jaapv said:

I don’t. But I admit that Photoshop requires expertise that not everybody is willing to acquire.  I’ve tried just about all programs on the market -some are quite good for basic editing-and I always run into lacking options. Like it or not, Adobe is still the industry standard. 

To each his own 😊

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jaapv said:

No I am not. If you resize an image for display, or any other use for that matter, you must do the final sharpening AFTER the resize. LR will do it automatically if you have “sharpen for screen” activated in the export dialog. If you leave it to the website you get results like post #14 with completely destroyed microcontrast and a bas-reliëf effect. 

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on that one.... how is multiple sharpening, resizing and export not a workflow?

2 hours ago, jaapv said:

If you leave it to the website you get results like post #14 with completely destroyed microcontrast and a bas-reliëf effect. 

What do you mean by "leave it to the website?" Either LUF does process an uploaded image or it doesn't... which is it?

With leave it to the website I mean that you leave it to the website to resize your images. And yes, the whole thing you are referring to is a workflow, and I am referring to the last step of that workflow. For optimal sharpening you will need to do capture sharpening, creative sharpening and output sharpening.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jaapv said:

Photoshop hit its prime decades ago. Yes, at that time expertise was required and the learning curve was steep. I was the only operator in our studio who had the knowledge to use it as was required. Since then, it has become bloated with features that exist only to simplify what did require real knowledge. 

Zitat

Full size pic uploaded to Flickr, URL copied and pasted here.

@firoze

I wanted to do the same with my Bar-Photo in the Q2 Photos tread, using insert other media and then insert photo from internet site, the window where the link goes kept being reddish and i could not do that.

How did you copied the link so that the photo from Flickr is shown here?

Chris

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by PhotoCruiser