Request: One-click photo upload capability to LUF

firoze

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 minute ago, frame-it said:

really? Fascinating...

Fuji GFX50R + Leica 50mm Summilux-M ASPH / in-camera jpg Acros-red

This one is excellent. I myself have uploaded very good quality images. But it is hit and miss, and requires trial and error.

SL2 picture, on display in Lightroom, resize image shortcut set to 1024 pixels long side, copied to clipboard, pasted here. Result 134KB. Looks ok on iPad.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

not suitable for pixel peeping though.

Oh, sorry, this resized from the clipboard. The shortcut I used won’t resize from Lightroom.

Edited by Exodies
  • Like 2

Just now, andybarton said:

Would you rather the forum compresses and resizes you’re photographs rather than do it yourself, with complete control?

Andy, the solution is to use the FB system. One can either upload one-click, in which case the image is of good but not best quality, or if one wanted best quality then one could manually resize the image to 2048p in which case FB would not tamper with the file. However, unlike LUF, on FB there is no file size constraint, so it is easy to resize.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

2 minutes ago, firoze said:

Thank you Ian, I will look into this.

The best is JPEGMini as it can resize and optimize. ImageOptim only optimizes but can also compress if required. Retrobatch will optimize, can compress and you can also do a whole load of other things too, but you may not need that.

You can get all these to work with "hot folders", just move or copy your files into a folder and the software will do it's stuff.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ianman said:

The best is JPEGMini as it can resize and optimize. ImageOptim only optimizes but can also compress if required. Retrobatch will optimize, can compress and you can also do a whole load of other things too, but you may not need that.

You can get all these to work with "hot folders", just move or copy your files into a folder and the software will do it's stuff.

Thanks Ian! This is helpful.

I think that you will find that most people use PS and LR and are willing and able to resize their photographs themselves.

I would not be at all happy leaving to an unknown algorithm to do so on my behalf. 

Leica have no financial input into the Forum and have not done so since 2006.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, firoze said:

Coming again to the original point, if there is a substantial cost involved in incorporating a automatic resize module into LUF, could Lieca not be persuaded to sponsor the cost?

Hm, no thanks. Leica gets their money from my pocket.

1 minute ago, andybarton said:

I think that you will find that most people use PS and LR and are willing and able to resize their photographs themselves.

I would not be at all happy leaving to an unknown algorithm to do on my behalf. 

Leica have no financial input into the Forum and have not done so since 2006.

"I would not be at all happy leaving to an unknown algorithm to do on my behalf". 

Like I mentioned, if you resized the image to 2048p and then posted it, FB would not manipulate the image.

"Leica have no financial input into the Forum and have not done so since 2006".

I see. Well that unfortunately rules out my suggestion. :)

5 minutes ago, Exodies said:

Hm, no thanks. Leica gets their money from my pocket.

I am sure Leica must be doing a lot of things with your money which you may not approve of. 😊

But this use would be for the common benefit of all. 

1 minute ago, andybarton said:

But I know what I am doing with it and trust Adobe, world leaders in this sort of thing. 

True. But if such a module were ever to be incorporated into LUF it would surely be throughly checked out by yourself and other Mods before being incorporated. I which case, it would be trusted. In any case, you would still have the option of resizing the image yourself and then posting.

Anyway, this is now academic, since it does not seem if we will see such a module being incorporated in the near future.