How to post photos onto this Forum from iPad?

firoze

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello,

Is there a convenient way to post photos to this forum from iPad? Choosing a file from the edit window here does not work because the file size is too big. Any suggestions?

I’m always mailing the pictures to myself in a smaller size. Then I save it and then it’s usable.

Thanks! Not a convenient way to do it, but at least it works.

Tapatalk is no longer supported on the Forum.

And for good reasons.

I'm going to investigate benign methods to participate and upload. Prognosis - not good.

Hello,

Is there a convenient way to post photos to this forum from iPad? Choosing a file from the edit window here does not work because the file size is too big. Any suggestions?

The iPad and iPhone offer a way to resize photos. Look under the 'edit' button!

An aside one small contribution I made in my job before retiring  was programming to automatically convert  web-submitted images of almost any type to the desired web file type (usually JPEG, rarely TIFF) and size, so it can be done. I am sure that our site admin knows all about it, but inserting the code is another difficulty that adds to liabilities. I trust the admin's judgement to implement it or not.

Edited by pico

The iPad and iPhone offer a way to resize photos. Look under the 'edit' button!

An aside one small contribution I made in my job before retiring  was programming to automatically convert  web-submitted images of almost any type to the desired web file type and size, so it can be done. I am sure that our site admin knows all about it, but inserting the code is another difficulty that adds to liabilities. I trust the admin's judgement to implement it or not.

I don't believe you can resize within the photos app, however there are third party apps out there that allow photos to be resized. I use one simply called Image Size.

• Like 2

I don't believe you can resize within the photos app, however there are third party apps out there that allow photos to be resized. I use one simply called Image Size.

That is correct. It is an excellent app! I forgot that it is not part of photos/edit. Where is Apples head? (or mine?)

• Like 1

Thank you Mike, I will try Image Size.

Image Size works well and can integrate with Snapseed You can export images back and forth.

Thanks! Useful that it integrates with Snapseed. I’ve downloaded it, trying it out now.

Thanks! Useful that it integrates with Snapseed. I’ve downloaded it, trying it out now.

You can export from S.S. to I.S. and back again; but you may have to switch it on in the menu.

• Like 1

You can export from S.S. to I.S. and back again; but you may have to switch it on in the menu.

Thanks. Luckily, On my iPad the Copy to Snapseed option was already active.

I’ve tried Image Size and it works well. The ads are annoying though, in the free version. I happened to have Pixelmator on my iPad and discovered image resizing is very easy on it. After importing an image into Pixelmator, use the Image Setup option in the Settings “Gear” menu to resize the image. It’s a completely free app with no annoying ads. Do try it.

• Like 3

I’ve tried Image Size and it works well. The ads are annoying though, in the free version. I happened to have Pixelmator on my iPad and discovered image resizing is very easy on it. After importing an image into Pixelmator, use the Image Setup option in the Settings “Gear” menu to resize the image. It’s a completely free app with no annoying ads. Do try it.

Pixelmator for iPad is actually $4.99 but I’m downloading it now, reviews are excellent and it seems to combine the functions of several free apps I currently use.

• Like 1

Pixelmator for iPad is actually $4.99 but I’m downloading it now, reviews are excellent and it seems to combine the functions of several free apps I currently use.

I didn’t know Pixelmator was a paid app. I downloaded it a long time ago when it must have been free. I know I didn’t pay for it. Anyway, do let us know your thoughts on it.

• Like 1