Filters arrived!

Olsen

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I was almost touched to tears when a DHL guy called on my door to deliver two UV/IR filters; one for my Nochtilux and one for my WATE complete with this special holder (which I already had). How thoughtful of them! I almost feel that I am in family with the Kaufmans (I'll send them a Christmas Card). I never got that kind of service from the Canon guys although I am more of a customer of them, numerically speaking.

They look a kind of strange these filters. I have never had anything like it before. Not only do they shine in this vanilla colour, but turn greenish-blue when light is falling in at a different angle. They do the job too. My brother-in-laws blazer now looks black, and he don't look like hotel doorman no more. He will be glad!

This was a very important event for me. I feel very much that Leica is committed to their customers - and to their own future. (Compare that to Epson, he..?). And as I have said before; part of the reason for buying the M8 is that I hope to see a M9 one day. I feel we are getting closer to that.

I have just come back from two weeks holiday with a lot of photographing. Most with my M8 and the new filters. To me it seems that they solve the 'wrong colour' problem without creating new ones. I see no serious reflexes when using the filter together with the WATE (which is a hell of a lense!). Possibly a little loss of contrast that can easily be corrected in PS. - I miss a lense shade for this filter/filter holder combo. The lense shade for the 'bare lense' is just excellent - except for that the lense cap which falls off when just looking at it.

With the 'wrong colour' issue now in the back up mirror, we hope to see 2)better-hitting white balance under different light conditions and 1)better looking jpg files right out of the box. This will save us time, in many instanses. And less noice at high ISO and we have a perfect camera.

I have just installed the new up-date; the 1.107 - what is it supposed to improve?

Well surprise surprise!! I got my last UV/IR filter today for my Nocti...Fantastic AND yesterday I got my Nocti back from Solms in 5 weeks..This AND the new download!!!! HELL does life get any better..

I have been looking at the shots taken by you guys with "our beauty" in a recent thread and they are just a class apart...I would show you mine if I knew how the hell to resize correctly!!!