Leica Elmarit 21mm f2.8 ASPH 6 bit

Telemetric

Advertisement (gone after registration)

11 hours ago, andyturk said:

I never noticed the green cast on the sides before, but now that you mention it, it's fairly obvious in the barbership pic. Interestingly, I did configure the lens in the camera's menu and the metadata in Lightroom shows the correct lens. However, Lightroom doesn't have a profile for the 21/2.8 ASPH, so I've been using the one for the Super Elmar. Toggling "Enable Profile Corrections" on and off doesn't seem to affect the greenish cast though.

That's curious.

You might triple-check that you selected the 21 Elmarit-M f/2.8 ASPH in the camera menu, and not the previous non-ASPH 21 Elmarit-M (11134). Both are listed in the menu side-by-side (well, right above and below each other). And those color corrections are very model-specific - gotta match the exact lens type, not just any 21mm f/2.8.

And indeed, as I said, the LR lens profiles don't do diddly for the color stains. Simply not included in their programming. Gotta either set the camera correctly - or add the "flat-field" plugin to your LR, and use that separately, in addition to "Enable Profile Corrections."

• Like 1

Probably it works, if you install it here as well:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Mac: Macintosh HD / Users / *your username* / Library / Application Support / Adobe / CameraRaw / LensProfiles / 1.0 / Leica
Win: 😄 \ Users \ *your username* \ AppData \ Roaming \ Adobe \ CameraRaw \ LensProfiles \ ...

Edited by happymac
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, happymac said:

Mac: Macintosh HD / Users / *your username* / Library / Application Support / Adobe / CameraRaw / LensProfiles / 1.0 / Leica
Win: 😄 \ Users \ *your username* \ AppData \ Roaming \ Adobe \ CameraRaw \ LensProfiles \ ...

That's a Bingo!

I.e., the profile shows up correctly now. Thanks!

EDIT: The green cast remains in the 21mm barbershop photo even with the "Tom Summer 2012" profile.

Edited by andyturk

On 4/7/2019 at 9:59 AM, happymac said:

!Hola Telemetric!

Sorry, I should have mentioned, how to install it. Go to the applications folder. Choose Adobe Lightroom (that's also a folder). In this folder you find the LR application "Adobe Lightroom.app". Right-click on it and choose "Show package content". Go to "...Contents/Resources/LensProfiles/1.0/Leica". You should see the following (or similar). Drag the profile file into the Leica folder. Restart LR and you should be able to use it. Good luck!

Tom

Thanks a lot Tom!

I copied the file there but it does not appear in the list. I even tried to change the name to match the nomenclature of the other leica lenses... and nothing. 

I have Lightroom CC ver 8.2.1

Any suggestion

On 4/8/2019 at 7:56 AM, happymac said:

Worked!!!!

Thanks a lot!!!!

IS GREAT!!

• 4 years later...

Hello Telemetric,

I’m glad to hear from you again. I hope you are fine.

In the meantime I’ve switched from LR to Capture One. I kept my LR setup in a virtual Parallels volume, but I‘ve not used it for years. I‘m afraid, but concerning LR 12 I can‘t assist… 😟  I‘d assume, older profiles won‘t work with newer versions of LR.

All the best
Tom