Elmarit M ASPH 24mm f2.8, any user comments?

Smudgerer

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The 24mm Asph Elmarit is a terrific lens and I’ll never sell mine. I owned a 24mm f3.8 Elmar and sold it very quickly and went back to the Elmarit. If you like high contrast hard edge sharpness then you can’t go wrong with the Elmar but if you like a more natural look dare I say film look then older pre-digital era lenses have those qualities. 

On 12/14/2023 at 10:42 AM, oekoek said:

Hello,

Had the same issue, i bought the Overgaard hood, it is expensive i also had to wait for almost a year after i orderd it. But i forgot all about that and now i am very happy, it is very well done, i think. Here is a link:

https://www.overgaard.dk/Thorsten-von-Overgaard-Gallery-Store-2428-Hardware-for-Photography-Ventilated-Lens-Shade-for-Leica-24mm-Elmarit.html

Many regards,

Timo

Thanks Timo, I too bought a vented hood, a bit cheaper than Overgaard's and got it in two days from Amazon Fr......https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B09NC7WP8P?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1, €11,00 and it works fine with a 55mm UV filter, even the slots line up as they should.

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure which thread to put this into, but hopefully someone here can answer - this page implies that the 24mm elmarit can use both the supplied hood, but also the 12464 hood that appears to be intended for the Elmar. 

My initial assumption is the page is wrong given the difference in how to mount the two hoods - but can anyone confirm? 

I'm also curious if someone can share the leather case dimensions. I just purchased a 24mm that has everything but the leather case and would love to track one down. Thank you :)