Cwm Idwal today (Snowdonia National Park)

pgk

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Extraordinary weather in Fbruary - tee shirts in the mountains. Very surreal. Anyway some pix all from the M9.35mm Summilux pre-aspheric. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 14

M9 and 28mm Elmarit v.1

• Like 9

And the goats (love or hate them - great to see but destructive too). 35mm Summilux pre-aspheric.

• Like 5

Actually, the visibility in the lake looked great - I've dived it but you do need porters (students) to carry the gear up. There are even two wrecks (a rowing boat carried up so that the landowner could be rowed around in Victorian times, and an old fishing punt) in it. One was just visible from the path yesterday as its only a few meters down.

On 2/26/2019 at 11:15 AM, pgk said:

Extraordinary weather in Fbruary - tee shirts in the mountains. Very surreal. Anyway some pix all from the M9.35mm Summilux pre-aspheric. 

I really like this first one, in particular, Paul.  I love how you used the deep shadow (which seems to be echoed by the body of water) as an effective compositional element.  A lesson in negative space.

Edited by A miller
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, fotografr said:

All are very nice but I particularly like the shot of the mountains goats. I don't really view any animal in it's natural habitat as destructive, with the notice exception of home sapiens.

Unfortunately I think that they are 'feral' rather than indigenous, and they are highly destructive. That said they are popular and are I think that they are being managed to ensure viable populations. You can often smell them before you see them!

• 3 weeks later...