Authorized Dealer Master Catalog

Advertisement (gone after registration)

An old and dear friend of mine passed away recently, and among his photographic possessions (which he left to me), I found a Leica Authorized Dealer Master Catalog from 1975. This is a loose-leaf notebook of more than 100 pages. It includes sections on M cameras (the M5 and CL were the products of the day), SLR cameras, all lenses for both M and Leicaflex, Accessories, cases, VIsoflex items, filters, movie cameras, slide projectors, close-up attachments, Dealer aids (camera-ready art for advertising and promotion) and a "Confidential Index of List and Dealer Net Prices."

The book is pristine, and all pages are virtually like new. No folds, creases or smudges on any page. The cover is likewise almost like new, with a few light scuff marks here and there.

Would something like this be of interest to collectors? I have no knowledge of Leica ephemera like this. It is a fascinating read, and certainly an interesting bit of history.