Phil, a dealer in curiosities

Stevejack

Posted (edited)

Very poignant, and a good illustration of how our lives can change dramatically overnight. 

Great image quality. I hope the SL2 works out better than your M11. 

Edited by fotografr

Steve, I really like your portraits and the stories behind, especially this one and “stump’d”, if you are doing a series, you doing great and would like to see and hear/read more about it.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 3/10/2024 at 2:03 AM, Olaf_ZG said:

Steve, I really like your portraits and the stories behind, especially this one and “stump’d”, if you are doing a series, you doing great and would like to see and hear/read more about it.

Thank you Olaf, I really appreciate the kind words.

Yes this is part of a series.  I started out wanting to do a sort of modern interpretation of Irving Penn's 'Small Trades' series, with portraits focused on the 'man/woman with a van' type tradespeople that still exist in the 2020s. I was hoping to find independent bakers, butchers, window washers, welders, builders etc. and to photograph them with the tools of their trade. 
But the project quickly morphed as people were contacting me to share what they were passionate about outside of work hours as well. I've rolled with the changes and I'm getting an interesting mix of people coming through; children's entertainers, dance teachers, bee keepers, life drawing models, snake catchers, fitness instructors and also people who've had a life changing event that started them down a new path in life.  I'm not sure what the final project will look like but for now I'm happy to go with the flow 🙂

• Like 1