January 20, International One Twenty Day....is coming!

Ambro51

Advertisement (gone after registration)

So,   Load in a Roll and SHOOT!   I’ll be giving a new (Big) Baby it’s first outing.   Ansco Automatic Reflex, a very late production (1948) absolutely pristine gem.  

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Ambro51
  • Like 2

And I’m giving this “ Gem” it’s first roll...its really amazing seeing both ends of 120.   The Ansco weighs 2 lbs 12 oz.   the Diana weighs 4 1/2 oz (add 1 1/2 oz for film)!  Even stranger....possibly the Diana will make more artistic and captivating images!  

Edited by Ambro51
  • Like 1

Interesting - wasn't aware of the "120 Film Love Day" until I read this post! Will put my Hassy 500 C/M to good use I guess!

Edited by Martin B
  • Like 2

I'm at the planning stage...  M240, 50mm Summilux-M ASPH.

• Like 4

For the 120 film day tomorrow: Printed from my 6x6 negative on silver gelatin 11x14" Ilford Multigrade RC paper with Beseler 23C enlarger and Schneider-Kreuznach 80/2.8 enlarger lens. Developed with Dektol.

Edited by Martin B
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I shot my New (70 year old) Ansco Automatic Reflex and felt marvelously liberated, but not used to square format anymore.  I visited the old brick works ruins, an eerie place that beckons BW imagery.  The view screen is typically dull pre fresnel ground glass, and the day dark and cloudy.   The built in optical viewfinder was bright and saved the day, and  made the eye level use of a TLR actually comfortable.,   Superb Camera,  images tomorrow!   Happy 120 Day!!

• Like 1

I'm excited too. Loaded my Fuji 690 ll with FP4+, and enjoyed muchly.

This camera is huge and the negs are about half of LF size (4x5 and larger)...only get 8 exposures on a roll. Double stroke,... and similar should be in every collection.

Rangefinder by the way...also known as the Texas Leica, as are other Fuji's of this size.

It's fun...a lot of fun.

Load up everyone, and shoot.

Edited by david strachan
Added on..

3 hours ago, david strachan said:

I'm excited too. Loaded my Fuji 690 ll with FP4+, and enjoyed muchly.

This camera is huge and the negs are about half of LF size (4x5 and larger)...only get 8 exposures on a roll. Double stroke,... and similar should be in every collection.

Rangefinder by the way...also known as the Texas Leica, as are other Fuji's of this size.

It's fun...a lot of fun.

Load up everyone, and shoot.

I've been considering getting a MF camera and the Fuji 6x9 is on my short list, along with the Hasselblad 501cm.  I'm interested in shooting square format for a change of pace but the Fuji looks interesting as well.  It is a BIG camera, I wonder if I'd enjoy it when I'm so used to using a compact Leica M.  

Hopefully I can take part in 120 day myself next year!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, adan said:

Shot my pix a day early - 1/19, with my Super-Wide. I'll spend 1/20 developing and scanning. ;)

I tried, but my SWC froze today. Yah, it was Zero °F but it needs a CLA. Damn, after thirty years I gotta get a CLA! I'll never by a Hasselblad again. 😜

I know nothing of Hasselblads other than the early models I own. Posts from more informed members go over my head.

Here is a trivia question. Looking at the left side of an early Hasselblad there are two indents. One is a PC connection. What's with that? (The other is a hook to secure a PC cord)

Edited by pico

Well I shot my Ansco Automatic Reflex today, it’s first roll, and bungled the loading procedure and blew 1/2 the roll.  Then, forgot to reset my meter from 250 to 100, and grossly underexposed 4 woods shots. Then back at my shop, zipped off the shots, adding a stop.   The Negative looked good, a bit fuzzy in this iPhone flip, but now I know the. Camera a lot better and hope for good results next roll. Anyway,  Ansco Automatic Reflex 100 TMax F8 1/50 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pico said:

I know nothing of Hasselblads other than the early models I own. Posts from more informed members go over my head.

Here is a trivia question. Looking at the left side of an early Hasselblad there are two indents. One is a PC connection. What's with that? (The other is a hook to secure a PC cord)

Digression for trivia:

This is on some of the 500C bodies (1960s era, and thus not that early - remember the focal-plane shutter originals: 1600F and 1000F)

The hook was both a "neatness device" - tethered the flash cord under control and out of the way of the lens shutter/aperture controls - and also a strain-reliever, if, for example, a clumsy photographer or assistant tripped over the PC cord. Prevented the cord yanking on the PC connection directly and sending a camera or lens to the repair shop.

Each 500C lens had its own shutter PC connection, but the one on the body syncs with the light-tight barn-door baffles in the back of the camera, which can serve as a simplistic "bulb" shutter (push the shutter button, they open; release the shutter button and they close). Mostly used for technical work like extreme microphotography (which can use flash sync, and all the light it can get!) or astronomical photography (which presumably won't need sync, unless one has a thermonuclear device as a flash ;) ).

A bit more here: https://www.photo.net/discuss/threads/hasselblad-500c-flash-synch-and-shutter-questions.260461/

Wheew - made it with a minute to spare.

Super-Wide 1/19/19

• Like 1