How to remove LCD screen protector?

barcoder

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have somehow managed to get a little condensation behind the protective glass for the LCD screen. I've never applied one of these protective screens myself before, but would like to remove it as it's a little annoying. Any suggestions/best practices other than just ignore it? 😉 Thanks!

Is it a glass or plastic screen protector that is applied over the top of the glass LCD screen?

If it’s plastic and flexible you can just peel it off.

If it’s glass it is probably easily removable with a very thin smooth piece of rigid plastic gently slid underneath the corner until it comes free.

Good question. I bought the camera used. Always though it came with the camera. It feels rigid so I guess trying a piece of rigid plastic, maybe my credit card, to prop it off would be good. But once I do that how do I replace it?

1 hour ago, barcoder said:

I have somehow managed to get a little condensation behind the protective glass for the LCD screen. I've never applied one of these protective screens myself before, but would like to remove it as it's a little annoying. Any suggestions/best practices other than just ignore it? 😉 Thanks!

In my most recent experience I found the adhesive was a very narrow strip outside the image area.

Removing it - waxed dental floss passed under an edge. First pull diagonally for convenience. The wax in the floss helps a lot. Clean up with  a  cotton swab and  isopropyl alcohol, or whiskey, whatever is handy. :)

Edited by pico
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, barcoder said:

Good question. I bought the camera used. Always though it came with the camera. It feels rigid so I guess trying a piece of rigid plastic, maybe my credit card, to prop it off would be good. But once I do that how do I replace it?

Credit card is too thick. Try thinner.

Some of them (Larmor type) are held in place with static and easily removed and replaced after cleaning. Others with adhesive not so much. If yours has a black border it’s probably adhesive and you’ll need a new one. Google Sopi YoYo and look for the Larmor.

• 3 weeks later...